Statement from Sporting Club CEO Robb Heineman
"The naming rights partnership between our stadium and LIVESTRONG provides an opportunity to spread health and wellness messages that emphasizes the spirit of cancer survivorship. LIVESTRONG's focus is the fight against cancer and the support of 28 million people around the world affected by this disease, and we believe strongly in this mission. The statements made last night by the Lance Armstrong Foundation speak for themselves: moving forward and continuing the fight against this horrible disease."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 24, 2012
- RSLl Earns Road Point at Phi in 0-0 Draw - Real Salt Lake
- Game Notes: Chivas USA vs. Seattle Sounders - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Pregame Facts and Info - RSL at Philadelphia - Real Salt Lake
- Dynamo Host Toronto FC on Saturday Looking to Solidify Playoff Position - Houston Dynamo FC
- Chivas USA Academy Kids Named to USNT U-17 Roster - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Statement from Sporting Club CEO Robb Heineman - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC Loans Tetteh to Ft. Lauderdale Strikers - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.