Stampede to Become Fighting Wiener Dogs on Saturday
Sioux Falls, SD - The Sioux Falls Stampede announced on Monday the team will once again officially change its name on Saturday, February 19 to the "Sioux Falls Fighting Wiener Dogs". The name change is in part to celebrate the World-Famous 15th annual Sioux Nation Pet Clinic Wiener Dog Races. The Fighting Wiener Dogs will host the Omaha Lancers at 6:05 PM at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.
The team will wear new 15th anniversary themed Fighting Wiener Dog jerseys, designed by Tyler Earls Design. Fans will have a chance to bid on the jerseys through DASH Auction to benefit Dakota Dachshund Rescue. Click here to check out the jerseys.
There will be all kinds of activities for families before and during the game this Saturday. A Kids Zone will be open from 4:45-6:15 PM just inside the main lobby near the Hall of Fame wall and feature bouncy houses and games. Doors will open at 4:45 PM and all fans sitting in the lower level will receive a FREE commemorative Fighting Wiener Dogs rally towel, compliments of Sioux Nation Pet Clinic.
Once inside, fans can meet and greet with some lovable adoptable dachshunds from Dakota Dachshund Rescue next to the Stampede Pro Shop as well as outside Section 120. Fans can take part in a special Wiener Dog themed scavenger hunt throughout the first and second levels. Mr. Twister will be on hand with free balloon animals and then families can head upstairs to the second level and take your picture at the Fighting Wiener Dogs photo booth outside Section 205. Fans can take their pictures in front of a wiener dog backdrop holding the medals that three lucky dog winners will be going home with at the end of the night.
Prior to the start of the game, a wiener dog parade will take part on the ice featuring all dogs that will be competing on ice later in the night. The wiener dog races themselves will take place during the first and second intermissions. The first intermission will feature two heats of 20 dogs each. The top two finishers from each heat will advance to the Final Four championship race during the second intermission, featuring a wiener-take-all race. A special on-ice awards ceremony will take place after the race with awards being handed out to the grand champion and second and third place finishers.
Tickets for this historic game are on sale now and going fast through the PREMIER Center, the Stampede office and Ticketmaster. To purchase tickets online, click here. For more information on this special game, contact the Stampede office at 605-275-4625.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2022
- Stampede to Become Fighting Wiener Dogs on Saturday - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Max Montes, Luke Mittelstadt and Paxton Geisel Earn Weekly Honors - USHL
- Max Montes, Paxton Geisel Notch League Honors - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Hawks Change Promotional Date - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Get Checked - Green Bay Gamblers
- Weekend Preview - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Stampede Stories
- Stampede Name Rob Rassey Head Coach
- Stampede Release 2022-2023 Regular Season Schedule
- Stampede Name Tony Gasparini VP of Hockey Operations & General Manager
- Stampede Reschedule Des Moines Game for April 20
- Stampede to Become Fighting Wiener Dogs on Saturday