Stampede Express Look to Bounce Back
The San Angelo Stampede Express (2-1) are coming off their first loss of the season as they roll back into town for a two game home stand.
The Stampede Express head into this week's game looking to bounce back from their first loss of the season as they face yet another division foe, the El Paso Generals (3-1).
Offensively San Angelo will be looking to get back on track after only scoring two offensive touchdowns last week in their loss to Abilene. Look for San Angelo to try to get off to a fast start by getting the ball to their top receiver Tavarres Willams.
Defensively the Stampede Express will need to put things together and be able to stop both the run and the pass. Last week against Abilene the defense led by Coach Ray was able to stop the run but uncharacteristically gave up eight touchdowns through the air.
The El Paso Generals come into this weeks game winning three of their first four contests of the year and are averaging 53 points a game on 238 yards a game.
This weeks game will be the first ever meeting between these two franchises and the first of four regular season meetings on the year.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from April 28, 2009
- Stampede Express Look to Bounce Back - San Angelo Stampede Express
- Roughnecks Name Ron Rankin New Defensive Coordinator - West Texas Roughnecks
- This Week in the IFL - IFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Angelo Stampede Express Stories
- Local Farmer Joins Team
- Stampede Express Hosting First Round of the Playoffs
- Stampede Express Receive Proclamation
- Indoor Football League Week 10 Vidswap.Com Players Of The Week
- Veteran Quarterback Takes the Snaps