St. Louis Blues Reassign Forward Tage Thompson to San Antonio
SAN ANTONIO - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong today announced that the club has reassigned forward Tage Thompson to the American Hockey League's (AHL) San Antonio Rampage. Additionally, the Rampage have recalled forward Brady Shaw from the Colorado Eagles, while reassigning Nolan De Jong to the club.
Thompson, 20, has dressed in 24 games for the Blues this season, tallying six points (3g/3a) and eight penalty minutes. The 6-foot-5, 185-pound forward has also posted 18 points (8g/10a) in 26 games with the Rampage. The Phoenix, Arizona, native was originally drafted by the Blues in the first round of the 2016 NHL Draft (26th overall).
Shaw has registered 20 points (9g/11a) in 25 contests with the Eagles this season. The Ottawa, Ontario, native has also appeared in two games with the Rampage this season, recording his first AHL goal with the club on Oct. 28 vs. the San Diego Gulls. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound forward also played in six contests with San Antonio during the 2016-17 season.
De Jong has appeared in 43 games with the Eagles this season, recording six points (1g/5a) and 22 penalty minutes. The former 2013 seventh-round draft pick by the Minnesota Wild spent the previous four seasons with the University of Michigan, tallying 39 points (4g/35a) in 124 contests.
The Rampage continue their annual Rodeo Road Trip when they face off against the Milwaukee Admirals on Wednesday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m. at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. The Silver and Black will play their next seven games on the road before returning to the AT&T Center on March 2 to host the Chicago Wolves for the 15th annual Rampage Military Appreciation Night. Season tickets for the 2018-19 campaign are available and can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554 or online at SARampage.com. The 2017-18 season is presented by H-E-B and Wells Fargo.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2018
- Admirals Fall to Rampage in Shoot-Out - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Antonio Outlasts Milwaukee in 5-4 Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 3-2, in Seven-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Pack Gets Closer but Swept at Charlotte - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Comeback Falls Short in Battle of Rivals - Utica Comets
- Checkers Keep Streaking with Win over Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Panthers Loan G Sateri to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Vanvleet Bobblehead, Garden Gnome Giveaways Highlight Weekend Doubleheader - Rockford IceHogs
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Announce Go Green and Stockton Ports Night - Stockton Heat
- Kings Recall Forward Michael Mersch from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat Add Goalie Ryan Faragher on Pro Tryout - Stockton Heat
- Heat Acquire Centerman Colin Smith from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Stockton Heat
- Penguins Acquire Joseph Cramarossa from Heat - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- St. Louis Blues Reassign Forward Tage Thompson to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- T-Birds Sign Mass Natives Sam Kurker, Cam Brown to PTO's - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins Head North for Two-Game Set against Conference-Leading Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- American Hockey League Suspends Klim Kostin - San Antonio Rampage
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Camper, Broadhurst Bros Help Monsters Down Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Bar Olympics Set for this Thursday at Savoy Lounge - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- San Antonio Rampage Announce 2018-19 Schedule
- San Antonio Rampage Announce Date for 2018-19 Regular Season Home Opener
- Drew Bannister Named Head Coach of the San Antonio Rampage
- San Antonio Rampage Announce Schedule Breakdown for 2018-19 Season
- Nine Former Rampage Players Participating in 2018 IIhf World Championship