Spirit Graduate Justin Murray Signs AHL Contract with Bridgeport
Bridgeport, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the New York Islanders, announced Friday that defenceman Justin Murray has agreed to terms on an AHL contract for the 2019-20 season.
Murray, 20, collected a career-high 12 goals, 28 assists and 40 points in 67 Ontario Hockey League games (OHL) last season, splitting time between the Barrie Colts and Saginaw Spirit. He also earned a plus-30 rating, and scored seven points (one goal, six assists) in 13 playoff games with Saginaw, skating alongside Islanders draft picks Bode Wilde and Blade Jenkins.
A native of London, Ont., Murray recorded 108 points (23 goals, 85 assists) and a plus-58 rating in 260 career OHL games between Saginaw and Barrie. He served as Barrie's captain in 2017-18.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Spirit Graduate Justin Murray Signs AHL Contract with Bridgeport - Saginaw Spirit
- Spiritâ??s Prosvetov Signs with Coyotes - Saginaw Spirit
- Pendrith Records His Best 2019 Result with Second Place Finish - Mississauga Steelheads
- Rock of 80's Band to Kick off IceDogs Exhibition Game - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL 20 in 20 Futures Watch: Barrie Colts - Barrie Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saginaw Spirit Stories
- Saginaw Spirit Sign 2020 CHL Import Draft Pick Albin Grewe
- Saginaw Spirit Sign 2020 CHL Import Draft Pick Pavel Mintyukov
- Spirit Store Re-Opening July 1st
- Spirit Select Defenseman Pavel Mintyukov and Forward Albin Grewe in the 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Spirit Receive Commitment from Ryan Beck