Spencer Rudrud Earns South Division Star of the Week
After an exciting opening weekend, the North American Hockey League honored 4 divisional stars. It was a solid start to the 2020-21 season for forward Spencer Rudrud, 20, and the New Mexico Ice Wolves. The Ice Wolves split a weekend series against the Lone Star Brahmas with Rudrud making an impact in both games. On Friday, the 6'1/190 lbs. native of Eden Prairie, MN, had a goal and an assist in a 4-0 win. On Saturday, he added another goal and an assist in a close 4-3 loss, which totaled a four-point weekend. "I was happy for Spencer to have success this weekend. He's worked hard since joining the Ice Wolves. It's nice to see him get rewarded for the work he's put in," said New Mexico head coach Phil Fox.
An honorable mention also goes to goalie, Owen Parker, who in his first NAHL start blocked 26 of 26 shots paving the way for the team's opening night win.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 26, 2020
- Werner Named Honorable Mention for NAHL's East Division's Star of the Week for Week Ending October 25 - New Jersey Titans
- Courtmanche, D'Agostino Honorable Mentions for Stars of the Week - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Spencer Rudrud Earns South Division Star of the Week - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Black Bears Drop Second Straight to Hat Tricks - Maryland Black Bears
- Nords Open the Season with a Win - Maine Nordiques
- NAHL Announces Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Randall Earns Back-To-Back Weekly NAHL Honor - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.