Sounders FC Johnson Selected to EA SPORTS FIFA 13 Ultimate Team of the Week
RENTON, Wash. - Seattle Sounders FC forward Eddie Johnson has been named to the EA SPORTS(TM) FIFA 13 Ultimate Team of the Week for his performance versus FC Dallas on May 18. The EA SPORTS(TM) FIFA 13 Ultimate Team of the Week is a group of players throughout the world selected each week for their high level of play.
The World Cup veteran, who will soon join the U.S. Men's National Team for a pair of friendlies and three World Cup qualifiers, scored the opener with a quality half-volley in the 16th minute before burying the winner that killed off a resilient FC Dallas side in the 62nd. Johnson's two-goal effort was the ninth multi-goal game of his MLS career, and first since September 8, 2012. He leads the team with four league goals and five goals across all competitions, and is now 24th on the all-time scoring list with 59 career MLS goals.
Johnson joins the FIFA 13 Ultimate Team of the Week, including Philippe MexÃÂ¨s (AC Milan), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Lucho Gonzalez (FC Porto) and Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea/West Bromwich Albion).
EA SPORTS(TM) FIFA 13 Ultimate Team is the popular game mode within EA SPORTS FIFA that reflects the best recent real-world performances of the world's best players. More than 3.4 million games of FIFA Ultimate Team are played daily, and over 17 million footballers are transferred through the transfer market on a daily basis, as millions of fans re-shape their squads based on the real-world performances of their favorite players.
Each week, the world's top performing players are selected to the FIFA 13 Ultimate Team of the Week and receive an "in form" item that increases the player's attributes. Fans have the opportunity to build a squad with Team of the Week players and then compete with those players on their FIFA Ultimate Team online against millions of other fans around the world on the Xbox 360Ã© videogame and entertainment system and PlayStationÃ©3 computer entertainment system.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 22, 2013
- Rivera: "MLS Is a Very Competitive League" - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Hector Jimenez Back in the Fold - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Timbers U-23s Play Host to Whitecaps FC U-23 Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC Johnson Selected to EA SPORTS FIFA 13 Ultimate Team of the Week - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Revolution to Enter U.S. Open Cup Draw Tuesday at Rochester - New England Revolution
- Warzycha Forced to Shuffle Lineup - Columbus Crew SC
- Boswell Suspended For Additional Game - MLS
- Fourth Round Pairings Revealed - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy to face Carolina Raihawks in U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Red Bulls Partner With Randall's Island Park Alliance - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting Park to Host U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round if Sporting KC Advances - Sporting Kansas City
- Timbers Sign McKenzie - Portland Timbers
- D.C. United to host Club Deportivo Guadalajara on July 12 at RFK Stadium - D.C. United
- Crew To Host Dutch Lions Wednesday, May 29 - Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls - Game Notes - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas To Take On Fort Lauderdale In Third Round of U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Reyna Leves U.S. Soccer Position to Join New York City Football Club - New York City FC
- Crew Turn to Role Players For Upcoming Match Against Red Bulls - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers U-23s Fall 1-0 to Battery in U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Announces 2018 Matchday Themes and Availability of 2018 Ticket Mini Packs, Presented by Fred Meyer
- Sounders FC Drops 3-0 Result to FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium
- Four Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at FC Dallas
- Puget Sound Civic Officials Celebrate Seattle Inclusion in United Bid to Host 2026 FIFA World Cup