Social Second-Screen Shows Planned for Weekend Star64 Encores
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati will greet their fans online this weekend when WSTR Star64, the club's broadcast partner, re-airs classic FCC matches at noon on Saturday and Sunday.
Fans tuning into WSTR Star64 for those special matches are encouraged to have a "second screen" handy as the club will stream special side-by-side programming to give fans a deeper look into each game.
The club's broadcast team - Tommy Gelehrter, Kevin McCloskey, Lindsay Patterson and Alex Stec - will be part of the weekend's secondary social broadcasts on Facebook that will stream live during both of the 12 p.m. re-airs on Star64.
The second-screen streams will go live at 11:50 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday at the club's Facebook page: facebook.com/fccincinnati.
During both re-aired matches, the broadcast team will use the second-screen stream to recount stories and situations from the games and give fans added insight into what was going on at the time. Additionally, they will be joined, live and in-progress, by special guests throughout the second-screen streams.
Fans are encouraged to submit questions and comments on the Facebook stream, which the broadcast team will try to respond to during the streaming broadcasts.
On Saturday, during WSTR Star64's re-air of the Orange and Blue's first-ever home match - the United Soccer League contest against Charlotte Independence from April 9, 2016 - Gelehrter, McCloskey and Patterson will recount memories from the game during the live action. During the game, two key figures from the club's USL teams - Jimmy McLaughlin and Austin Berry - will join the team live to talk about the season and the game itself.
On Sunday, during the re-air of the May 11, 2019 Major League Soccer match against the Montreal Impact, interim head coach Yoann Damet and midfielder Fatai Alashe will join Gelehrter and Stec to talk about the game and their roles in the victory. The match was Damet's first in his initial stint as interim head coach, while Alashe tallied a crucial goal to seal the win.
For ongoing updates, please stay up-to-date by following the club's social media accounts at @FCCincinnati or visiting fccincinnati.com. For the club's on-going updates related to the current public health crisis, please visit fccincinnati.com/season-suspension-updates.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 20, 2020
- Atlanta United Statement on Training Moratoriums - Atlanta United FC
- Team Remains Focused on Mental, Physical Well-Being During COVID-19 Outbreak - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer Extends Training Moratorium - D.C. United
- Major League Soccer Extends Training Moratorium - MLS
- Nashville SC's Doolsta to Take on Columbus Crew SC in EA Sports FIFA 20 on Saturday - Nashville SC
- Social Second-Screen Shows Planned for Weekend Star64 Encores - FC Cincinnati
- The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation Announces Nearly $5.4 Million in Funding for COVID-19 Relief Efforts - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Head coach Jaap Stam to join Friday's Braxton Brewing Co. Virtual Happy Hour on Friday
- Final West End Stadium Seat Design Released; Choice Determined Via Fan Vote and Feedback
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 26, 2020
- Jaap Stam Named FC Cincinnati Head Coach
- FC Cincinnati expand club's player development pyramid