Slammers Swept by Québec
JOLIET, IL - In the final game of the series against Équipe Québec the Slammers looked to pull out a victory, but Québec came to win and took the sweep on the series winning 10-7. Right-hander Wes Albert took to the hill to start off the night for the Slammers.
Right out of the gate Québec came in swinging, scoring two runs at the top of the first inning with a home run off the first pitch from L.-P. Pelletier. An early lead by Québec was pushed even further with three runs scored in the third, one in the fourth and three more runs in the sixth, tallying up to a 9-0 lead.
There were some cold bats for the Slammers up until the bottom of the seventh. The bats came alive with a total of 7 RBI's. Base hits seemed to be the kryptonite to Québec's pitching, but what seemed to be the comeback the Slammers were looking for proved to be too little too late as for the last two innings of the game the bats were silenced.
The bullpen for Joliet was put to the ringer tonight as 6 pitchers took the mound. A total of 8 strikeouts were tossed between the six pitchers. Wes Albert was relieved by Dylan Hecht in the fourth inning after giving up 5 runs. Gerald Bautista came into the game in the fifth inning pitching two innings. The rest of the pitchers for Joliet were up for one inning a piece. A late run in the eight by Québec gave them a 10-7 lead.
The cold patch continues for the Slammers after losing the last 5 games putting their season record at 7 and 12. A bounce back on the road against the Gateway Grizzlies could be what the Slammers need to heat up the bats before the next home stand.
The next home game will be on Tuesday, June 22nd. This will be the first of three games in the Slammers vs Evansville Otters series as well as the first game of a six game home stand. Gametime for the 22nd will be at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 18, 2021
- Wild Things Take Series Opener against Crushers - Washington Wild Things
- Crushers Drop Opener in Washington - Lake Erie Crushers
- Jackals Take Opener Of Weekend Set From Boulders - New York Boulders
- Miners Fall Hard at Schaumburg - Southern Illinois Miners
- McGarry Hits for the Cycle as Boomers Roll in Homestand Opener - Schaumburg Boomers
- Milch, Mihalik Lead Jackals to Gutsy Win over ValleyCats - New Jersey Jackals
- Twins Purchase the Contract of Schaumburg's Rozek - Schaumburg Boomers
- Boulders' Rapp Purchased by Blue Jays - New York Boulders
- ThunderBolts' Comeback Effort Falls Short - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Slammers Swept by Québec - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Hold off Windy City to Win Series - Schaumburg Boomers
- Otters Sweep the Grizzlies - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.