Skyhawks Victorious over Knicks on Sunday
College Park, Ga. - The College Park Skyhawks (6-3) earned a victory over the Westchester Knicks (7-3), 92-90 on Sunday at the Gateway Center Arena at College Park to close out the two-game series with Westchester.
Hawks two-way guard/forward Seth Lundy led the team in scoring with 19 points (5-11 FG, 4-9 3FG) and added 10 rebounds for his first career double-double. Brandon Randolph added 17 points (7-15 FG) in 27 minutes off the bench.
Randolph erupted for 13 points in the second quarter alone to help carry the Skyhawks to a 49-48 lead going into halftime. Randolph's second quarter output matched the most points in any quarter for a Skyhawks player this season (Keaton Wallace, 4Q on 11/19/23 vs CCG). The Skyhawks held the Knicks to 7-20 FG (.350 FG%) and 3-10 3FG (.300 3FG%) in the second quarter - resulting in 21 points and a 26-21 advantage in the quarter for College Park.
The Skyhawks' defense set the tone for the second half, as they held the Knicks to 12-41 FG (.293 FG%) and 4-22 3FG (.182 3FG%). It is the first time in team history that the Skyhawks have held an opponent to less than .300 FG%/.200 3FG% in any half.
Wallace scored all 11 of his points for the Skyhawks in the second half to help the team secure its sixth victory of the season.
The Skyhawks held their sixth straight opponent to fewer than 110 points, which extends a franchise record.
The Knicks were led by Jacob Toppin, who scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for a double-double. Former Atlanta Hawk Brandon Goodwin pitched in 17 points.
The Skyhawks will next play host to the Long Island Nets for the first time this season on Monday night, with tip-off set for 7 p.m. The Skyhawks and Nets will then reconvene in Long Island for a rematch on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. Monday's game can be found on NBAGLeague.com while Wednesday's contest can be viewed on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2023
- Stockton Kings Fall to G League Ignite, 100-93 - Stockton Kings
- Short-Handed Iowa Wolves Drop Sunday Matinee to Indiana Mad Ants, 116-106 - Iowa Wolves
- David Johnson's Buzzer Beater Sinks Legends - Memphis Hustle
- Squadron Falls at Oklahoma City, 114-109 - Birmingham Squadron
- Windy City Bulls Bounce Back against Grand Rapids Gold - Windy City Bulls
- Solid Defense, Balanced Attack Lead Maine - Maine Celtics
- Skyhawks Victorious over Knicks on Sunday - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent College Park Skyhawks Stories
- College Park Defeats G League Ignite 100-81 in Front of Sellout Crowd, Secures Third Straight Victory
- Skyhawks Announce Sellout for 'Kids Day Presented by Planet Fitness' against the G League Ignite
- College Park Takes Second Straight Game Against Cleveland, 110-102, as Skyhawks Sweep Two-Game Stretch
- College Park Skyhawks and VyStar Credit Union Announce Proud Partnership
- College Park Takes First Of Two Games Against Cleveland Charge