#SKCvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
Fourth-place FC Dallas (4-2-4, 16 points) travels to face first-place Sporting Kansas City (6-3-2, 20 points) on Saturday, Sept. 19 at 2:30PM CT. The teams played to a 1-1 draw on September 2 at Children's Mercy Park.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #SKCvFCD
TV: 2:30PM CT on Univision, TUDN
Streaming: 2:30PM CT on Twitter (@TUDNUSA)
Radio: 2PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 2PM on 1270AM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Orlando City SC on Sunday, Sept. 27 at 7:30PM CT in a match presented by UnitedHealthcare.
5 Things to Know about #SKCvFCD
Mosquera's First Hat Trick
FC Dallas midfielder Santi Mosquera scored the first hat trick of his career Wednesday night to help Dallas earn a 4-1 victory over the Colorado Rapids. The Colombian opened the scoring with a bottom-corner finish in the first half and followed it up with two strikes after the break to seal FCD's first hat trick since 2018. It was also the first hat trick at Toyota Stadium since Roland Lamah hit Real Salt Lake for three back in June of 2017.
It was the eighth hat trick in FC Dallas history.
Jara Heating Up
Franco Jara joined FC Dallas this summer with a reputation for scoring goals. It took four games to find the net in MLS but the Argentine ace has since scored three goals in the last four outings- the first of which came against Sporting KC earlier this month. He's now Dallas second-leading goal scorer with three strikes, just one behind Mosquera who has four.
Options in Goal
FC Dallas lost goalkeeper Jimmy Maurer to injury in the first half against Sporting KC earlier this month, giving 30-year-old Kyle Zobeck his MLS debut as a substitute. With only one fit 'keeper, Dallas signed emergency goalkeeper Charlie Lyon to fill the gap. Since then however, Maurer has resumed training and loan goalkeeper Phelipe Megiolaro joined up with the team and even featured on the bench in FCD's last game. Now that Lyon has returned to MLS' emergency goalkeeper pool, head coach Luchi Gonzalez has his pick of Zobeck, Maurer and Megiolaro for the rematch at Children's Mercy Park.
Against Kansas City
FC Dallas and Kansas City's all-time regular season record is tied at 25-25-13, but Dallas has a slight edge with 101 goals scored to SKC's 92. When playing away in Kansas City, FCD has registered a 10-15-8 all-time record (41 goals scored, 58 against). The two teams played to a 1-1 draw on Sept. 2 with Franco Jara scoring his first FC Dallas goal.
About Kansas City
Sporting KC is currently in first place in the Western Conference with 20 points through 11 games. However, Peter Vermes' men have just one win in their last five (including the 1-1 tie with Dallas), and are just two points ahead of the chasing Seattle Sounders who have a game in hand.
The all-time regular season series between the clubs is tied at 25-25-13.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 18, 2020
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment Announces Approval for Fans at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park - Colorado Rapids
- What to Watch for in Nashville SC's Road Clash with First-Place Columbus Crew SC - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC to Light-Up Scoreboard in Gold as Club Supports MLS WORKS' Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City Hosts Chicago Fire FC on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with ExtraMile Convenience Stores - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy vs Colorado Rapids: MLS Preview: September 19, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. New York City FC - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Sandy on Saturday - Real Salt Lake
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- #SKCvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Hosts FC Dallas in Saturday Matinee - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Inks Damir Kreilach to Multi-Year Extension - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF Signs Forward Gonzalo Higuain as Designated Player - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.