Sharks Add Receiver Johnathan Haggerty
JACKSONVILLE - The Jacksonville Sharks announced Tuesday that wide receiver Johnathan Haggerty has been assigned to the Jacksonville roster on a one-year rookie contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The 27-year-old Haggerty (6'1", 185) is set for his first experience in the AFL, though he has recently spent time playing indoor football. Haggerty has had stints with several NFL organizations, first signing with the Cleveland Browns as an undrafted free agent following the 2010 NFL Draft. Haggerty later competed with the Browns in training camp prior to the 2011 season, spent time on the Chicago Bears' practice squad in 2011, and joined the New England Patriots for training camp in 2013.
Haggerty spent his collegiate career at Southwestern Oklahoma State, which competes at the Division II level. As a senior in 2009, he led the Bulldogs with 54 receptions for 748 yards and six touchdowns. Haggerty is a native of Dallas, Texas.
The Sharks also announced Tuesday that defensive back Carlton Brown has been placed on recallable reassignment. Following the moves, the Jacksonville roster sits at 23 active players, one below the League maximum.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from April 7, 2015
- Rattlers Activate OL Dennis - Arizona Rattlers
- Sharks Add Receiver Johnathan Haggerty - Jacksonville Sharks
- Shock go on the road to face divisional rival Portland Thunder - Spokane Shock
- Shock Assigned Quarterback Danny Southwick - Spokane Shock
- Howard, Phinisee, and Young Earn Weekly Honors - AFL
- Storm vs. SaberCats Game Preview - Tampa Bay Storm
- Gladiators Home Opener this Saturday, Free Kickoff Rally Tomorrow - Cleveland Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.