Shamrox sign Gair and Kirk
CHICAGO, IL November 7, 2006 - The Chicago Shamrox signed forward Jackson Gair and defender Mike Kirk to one-year deals, in preparation for their upcoming season of indoor professional lacrosse in the National Lacrosse League (NLL) starting in January at the Sears Centre arena.
Jackson Gair, 5'10", 175 lbs. prepared for his NLL debut by playing for the Orillia Kings. Gair, a right-handed forward, finished the 2006 Junior A Summer League tied for second in scoring, tallying 36 goals and 60 assists for 96 total points. In 2005, Gair made the All-Canadian University Field Lacrosse Association Second team while playing for Bishop's University.
Mike Kirk, 6'3", 200 lbs. was team captain for the Dickenson College Red Devils in 2006, and led them to a school winning record of 11-4. Kirk, a four-year starter, received All-Centennial Conference honors as a junior and led Dickenson to three CC Playoff appearances.
"Gair is a gifted athlete who has the ability to help the Shamrox score a lot of goals, and Kirk is a well rounded player who knows how to perform under pressure," said Shamrox GM/Head Coach Jamie Batley. "Gair and Kirk both had impressive performances prior to joining the Shamrox and we are excited to see what they can do for us in the NLL."
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from November 7, 2006
- Shamrox sign Gair and Kirk - Chicago Shamrox
- Knighthawks re-sign veterans O'Toole and Hasen - Rochester Knighthawks
- Riggers sign number one draft pick - Calgary Roughnecks
- Sting re-sign Craig Conn to one-year contract - Arizona Sting
- Jax Re-Sign Goalie, Matt King - Portland Lumberjax
- Mammoth fans to pick the team - Colorado Mammoth
- Pre-Season battle set for Rexall Place - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.