Severe Thunderstorm warning - CANCELLED
LOUISVILLE, KY- The Louisville Fire (7-6) completed the 2007 season series against the Mahoning Valley Thunder (5-8) sweeping them in a 57-32 route once again possessing a winning record. In the opening drive the Fire's WR Tony Stallings blazed up the field to give the Fire a quick 7-0 lead. Later in the quarter QB Joel Steele connected with WR Tiger Jones for another Fire touchdown; increasing the lead to 14-0. However the Mahoning Valley Thunder answered with a touchdown with four minutes left in the quarter.
In the second quarter K Dave Hendrix made a field goal from the 22-yard line. After the field goal the Thunder scored an 18-yard touchdown from WR Chris Johnson. Although time wound down the Fire still burned up the field with a touchdown by WR Lonnell Dewalt giving the Fire a 29-19 lead.
After the first half, the Fire continued to score double digits as their defense held strong leading to a Fire victory. "We came out and played well, however we still have a lot of work to do" said Fire head coach Tommy Johnson during the Fire post-game interview and fan autograph session.
Join the Fire on July 14, 2007 in Freedom Hall as they battle it out for first place in the division against rival Quad City Steamwheelers. To order tickets call 502-368-0009. Louisville Fire Arena Football - "FUN FIRED UP!"
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 7, 2007
- Texas has three turnovers returned for TD's in loss - Texas Copperheads
- Severe Thunderstorm warning - CANCELLED - Louisville Fire
- Yard Dawgz defeat the Steeldogs 56-45 - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Oh, So Close - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Burn roll lucky 7s, beat Blitz 47-16 - Boise Burn
- Carter, Schule Lead Wings to Win - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- South Georgia Holds On For Win Over Florida - Florida Firecats
- Jungle Kats Defeated by Wolves, 54-34 - Cincinnati Jungle Kats