Senators Come to Pelican Park First Time in 2005
Pensacola (16-12) welcomes the Jackson Senators (14-15) to Pelican Park for a three game series.
This is the second time these two teams have matched up this year. The first series in Jackson was split with each team winning two games. Pensacola won the first and fourth game and outscored Jackson 26- 18.
George Branch is hitting .308 with a homerun and six RBI against Jackson pitching this year.
Josh Courage and Bubba Dobson combined to throw in four games against Jackson and gave up no runs, three hits and struck out seven in seven innings. Courage recorded his first save of the year in game one.
For Jackson, Vince Faison hit only .250 but all of his hits were for extra bases as he hit one double, two triples and one homerun that combined for six RBI, which led the team.
Senators pitcher Laine McKeller appeared in three games and picked up one win in the first series against Pensacola. He gave up only two hits and struck out four in 4.2 innings pitched.
The overall record over the past two years is 10-7 in favor of the Pelicans.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 6, 2005
- Sports win second straight - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- El Paso takes game against Aviators - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Pelicans Win Edinburg Series Thanks to Three Homeruns - Pensacola Pelicans
- Senators Come to Pelican Park First Time in 2005 - Pensacola Pelicans
- Central League announces players of the week - Central League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pensacola Pelicans Stories
- News from Northwest Florida Professional Baseball LLC.
- Pensacola Baseball Sells 500th Season Ticket
- Pels Training Academy Hosts 7th & 8th Grade Prep Skill Camp
- Pensacola Home to Minor League Baseball Team in 2012
- Palmisano named to Baseball America first team Independent Baseball team