Senators Acquire Defenseman Conor Allen from Nashville in Exchange for Patrick Mullen
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today the club has acquired defenceman Conor Allen from the Nashville Predators in exchange for defenceman Patrick Mullen. Allen will be assigned to Ottawa's American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.
A Chicago native, Allen, 25, has appeared in 31 games with Nashville's American Hockey League affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals, registering six points (one goal, five assists) and 52 penalty minutes this season. At the time of the trade, he led Admirals defencemen while ranking second among Milwaukee players in penalty minutes.
Undrafted, Allen was originally signed by the New York Rangers as a collegiate free agent on March 29, 2013, following three seasons at the University of Massachusetts (Hockey East). He made his professional debut with the Rangers' AHL affiliate in Hartford that spring before being recalled for the first time midway through the 2013-14 season. He made his NHL debut with New York in a game at Tampa Bay on Dec. 29, 2013.
Signed to a one-year, two-way contract by Nashville on July 2, 2015, Allen has been held scoreless while recording four penalty minutes over seven career NHL contests, all of which have occurred with the Rangers. The Hartford Wolf Pack's leader in scoring among defencemen last season, Allen has recorded 71 points (18 goals, 53 assists) and 236 penalty minutes over 176 AHL contests with Hartford and Milwaukee.
Mullen was originally acquired by the Senators from Vancouver on March 4, 2014, in exchange for forward Jeff Costello. He recorded 16 points (one goal, 15 assists) and 18 penalty minutes over 36 contests with the B-Sens this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2016
- D Brad Hunt Assigned by Edmonton to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Return Alex Krushelnyski to Utah - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Red Wings Assign Nedomlel to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Distillery to Hold Ghost Wing-Eating Contest, Postgame Party at January 18 Amerks Game - Rochester Americans
- Nashville Acquires D-Man Mullen for Conor Allen - Milwaukee Admirals
- Senators Acquire Defenseman Conor Allen from Nashville in Exchange for Patrick Mullen - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack's Nicholls Strives for Full-Time AHL Duty - Hartford Wolf Pack
- IceCaps Unveil Royal Newfoundland Regiment Jersey - St. John's IceCaps
- Pink in the Rink Highlights Weekend Homestand - Rockford IceHogs
- Canucks Recall Taylor Fedun from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Jesper Pettersson Reassigned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lehner Recalled from Conditioning Assignment - Rochester Americans
- Texas Recalls Kamrass from ECHL - Texas Stars
- Bears Sign Forward Scott Gomez to Professional Tryout - Hershey Bears
- Gulls Rally for One Point But Fall in Overtime, 2-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Stall Rampage in 6-2 Victory in Stockton - Stockton Heat
- SJ Barracuda Open Road Trip in Style with 2-1 Overtime Victory in San Diego - San Jose Barracuda
- Rampage Finish Road Trip with 6-2 Loss to Heat - San Antonio Rampage
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Lake Erie - January 13 - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Split Series in Charlotte, Fall to Checkers 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.