Secondary Bolsted with Signing of DB Jernigan
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have signed defensive back Davon Jernigan for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
DB Davon Jernigan (6', 215, Lamar University) joins the Sugar Skulls for his rookie season in the IFL, after having last played for Saskatchewan in the Canadian Football League. Prior to signing in the CFL, Jernigan spent a four-year college career at Lamar, playing in 42 games and amassing 211 total tackles, 20 passes defended and 10 tackles-for-loss. Jernigan added seven interceptions throughout his college career, including four during his senior year, one of which was returned for a touchdown.
The Navasota, Texas native earned First-Team All-Southland Conference Honors during his senior year at Lamar, when he led the program in tackles. During his preps career, Jernigan also received APSE Class-4A All-State Honors and second-team All-District Honors for Navasota High School.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 23, 2020
- Secondary Bolsted with Signing of DB Jernigan - Tucson Sugar Skulls
- Louisville Xtreme and WDRB Media Announce TV Partnership - Louisville Xtreme
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Second-Year WR Frank Brown Signs with Tucson
- Former NFL First Round DD Elam Signs with Tucson
- Victis Health Signs Partnership with Sugar Skulls
- Proactive to Become Sugar Skulls' Physical Therapy Partner
- CW Tuson to Remain Broadcast Television Home of the Sugar Skulls