Second combine deemed a success
Thirty-nine hopefuls were put through their paces by the Rage football staff over the weekend at The Game in Glen Carbon, IL. The players were run through the normal gamut of tests and then had a chance to shine at positional specific drills under the watchful eyes of the Rage Coaching Staff and Ownership Group. A wide variety of experience and skill level of players were on hand to display their wares.
"The quality of this group was much stronger than our tryout back in November. I don't envy the coaches having to whittle this group down to a handful to invite to camp," stated Scott Wilson, one of the Rage Majority Owners.
The Rage will have one final opportunity for players wanting to catch the eye of the coaching staff. That Open Tryout Combine will be held on February 5, 2005 at The Game Arena beginning at 9 AM.
"After our final combine, we will select the players we will start our practices with on February 26. Right now we feel good about the talent level we have had to choose from, but of course, you always are anxious to take one last look to see what might be out there," stated Rage Head Football Coach Mike Wyatt.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from January 12, 2005
- Everett Hawks Announce Away Game Date Change - Everett Hawks
- Drillers will not retain the head coaching services of Bryan Blake - Beaumont Drillers
- Former Seahawk introduces "Fast Fitness" with the opening of a major new fitness center in the heart - Everett Hawks
- Orlando and San Antonio get Roughed up - West Texas Roughnecks
- League meetings to be held in Orlando - Lakeland ThunderBolts
- Marshals announce coaching and players signings - The Marshals
- Lincoln Capitols Held Try-Outs - Lincoln Capitols
- Kreatures release schedule - Kissimmee Kreatures
- ThunderBolts release game schedule - Lakeland ThunderBolts
- Second combine deemed a success - RiverCity Rage
- Newly Rebuilt Ronald McDonald House Hosts Everett Hawks - Everett Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.