Seattle Reign FC Elects Not to Retain Rights to Forward Adriana Leon
SEATTLE - Seattle Reign FC announced that it has elected not to retain the rights to Canadian international forward Adriana Leon.
The NWSL have made Leon's rights available to all clubs via the NWSL Distribution Process. Teams will have until Thursday, Jan. 3 at 5pm ET to submit their interest to the League to acquire her rights.
Leon was acquired by Reign FC during the 2018 season in a trade with Sky Blue FC. Adriana played 152 minutes over six appearances for Seattle during the 2018 season.
"We appreciate all Dri contributed last season. She came in, worked hard, and was a positive part of the group during her time in Seattle," said Seattle Reign FC head coach Vlatko Andonovski. "She received a great opportunity to play in Europe that we all agreed would be best for her to pursue, especially given that this is a World Cup year. We wish her the best and would welcome her back to the club in the future."
"I would like to thank the Seattle Reign for welcoming me half-way through the season last year," said Leon. "A special thank you to the Predmore family for all they do for the Reign and women's soccer. It was great to work with such a talented group of athletes. I wish everyone continued success and all the best next season."
Season Ticket Memberships for the 2019 NWSL season are now on sale. To purchase your season ticket membership please visit reignfc.com/seasontix or call the Reign FC ticket office at (855) REIGN-FC.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from January 3, 2019
- One Week out from Picking Number One - Chicago Red Stars
- Forward Adriana Leon Clears NWSL Distribution Process - NWSL
- Seattle Reign FC Elects Not to Retain Rights to Forward Adriana Leon - OL Reign
- NWSL Announces Updated Preliminary List of Eligible Players for the 2019 College Draft - NWSL
- Houston Dash Announce Technical Staff for 2019 Season - Houston Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent OL Reign Stories
- Road Match against Portland Rescheduled to September 30
- Match against Portland Postponed Due to Poor Air Quality from Wildfires
- OL Reign Signs Goalkeeper Carly Nelson to Short-Term Contract
- NWSL Announces Verizon Community Shield
- OL Reign Signs Three Players to Short-Term Contracts