Sea Dogs Acquire San Jose Sharks Goaltending Prospect Zachary Emond from Huskies
The Saint John Sea Dogs announced today the acquisition of overage goaltender Zachary Emond in a trade with the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies.
From Saint-Cyprien, Quebec, Emond was selected by the San Jose Sharks in the 6th round of the 2018 NHL Draft. In May of 2019 the Sharks announced they had signed Emond to a standard, entry-level contract. Emond joins forward Vladislav Kotkov as a member of the Sea Dogs and Sharks organizations.
As the Huskies back-up in 2018-19, he appeared in 27 regular season games posting a .932 save percentage en route to a staggering 24-0-0-1 record. That season he also set the team record for shutouts in a season with seven. The Huskies would go on to win the President Cup and 2019 Memorial Cup.
"Zachary is very experienced and will enhance the leadership in our dressing room," said Sea Dogs President & General Manager, Trevor Georgie. "He has a winning pedigree, NHL camp experience and was part of a President Cup and Memorial Cup Championship team. We place a high value on players who have won championships and his ability to offer Noah (Patenaude) and our players pearls of wisdom."
Last season Emond appeared in 53 games finishing with a 25-23-2-2 record and .908 save percentage. In 116 career games played, the 6'3" netminder has 63 wins and a .908 save percentage.
In return, the Huskies receive a 4th round pick in 2023 (RIM) and a 6th round pick in 2022 (SNB).
The QMJHL trade period ends on January 25th.
Purchase Your Power Play 50/50 Tickets Before this Saturday at Midnight!
The deadline to purchase your Power Play 50/50 tickets for our first draw is fast approaching. Don't miss out on the chance to win your share of the guaranteed $10,000 pot. We've recently added the option to purchase by e-transfer, it's now easier than ever to play!
Purchase now online > http://thepowerplay.ca
Purchase using e-transfer > https://bit.ly/3sGdhR3
Purchase by phone > https://bit.ly/3p4GgM8
There are still spots remaining for the first 100 people to purchase $100 worth of tickets. Make your $100 purchase and be guaranteed a bonus prize including jerseys, restaurant gift cards and the grand prize, a game night in a corporate suite!
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2021
- Eagles Acquire Pair of Nova Scotian Forwards in Deal with Shawinigan - Cape Breton Eagles
- Cats in the Community: Battle of the Bridge - Moncton Wildcats
- Sea Dogs Acquire San Jose Sharks Goaltending Prospect Zachary Emond from Huskies - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Sea Dogs Stories
- Vladislav Kotkov Arrives in Saint John
- Sea Dogs Announce Roster Moves Following Busy Trade Period
- Sea Dogs Acquire Three First Round Picks in Trade with Phoenix
- Sea Dogs Acquire San Jose Sharks Goaltending Prospect Zachary Emond from Huskies
- QMJHL Postpones this Weekend's Games in the Maritimes Division