Schepke Acquired in Trade
TRENTON, NJ - The re-established Trenton Titans announced their first trade Wednesday, acquiring the rights to forward Matt Schepke from the Greenville Road Warriors in exchange for the rights forward Ryan Hayes.
Schepke, a 26-year-old native of Warren, Mich., who played collegiately at Michigan State, is coming off a season in which, limited by an upper-body injury, he scored five goals and added seven assists for Greenville in 2010-11. He also played briefly for the AHL Bridgeport Sound Tigers. He had 26 goals and 20 assists for Charlotte in 2009-10, plus six playoff goals.
Hayes was one of the players protected to the Trenton franchise. The 22-year-old winger scored 23 goals and had 27 assists for the Trenton Devils in 2010-11.
"Ryan is a great kid, and he liked it here,'' said Titans head coach Vince Williams. "I just thought Matt was a better fit for our hockey club right now. He's a hard-worker who brings a lot of tenacity and grit.
"He mostly plays the left side, but he can also play center, which is one of the reasons I wanted to get him.''
Season tickets are on sale by calling 609-341-1100. Single-game tickets will be on sale Sept. 6.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 10, 2011
- Thunder Announces Special Mini Plan Sale - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announces 2011-12 Promotional Schedule - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Sign Veteran Tough Guy Benson, Returnee Gergen - Bakersfield Condors
- Schepke Acquired in Trade - Trenton Titans
- Gladiators Sign Forwards Vock and Wild - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mitch O'Keefe Agrees to Terms with Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Defenseman Rob Kwiet Returns to Reading - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Titans Stories
- Trenton Titans Hockey Organization to Cease Operations
- Titans (Final) Week in Review
- Titans GameDay at Wheeling, March 20 - Game 72 (Final), Away 36
- Wedgewood Sets Six Marks as Titans Fall in Final Meeting with Elmira, 4-1
- Titans GameDay at Elmira, March 29 - Game 71 (Away 35)