Santa Cruz Warriors Debut Mentorship Program
SANTA CRUZ, CA - As part of January's National Mentorship Month, the Santa Cruz Warriors are debuting their Mentorship Program, an outreach style initiative that provides guidance and insight to local college students. Through this program, students from University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) and Cabrillo College will be paired with a Santa Cruz Warriors employee based on their career interests.
"As inequities continue to exist in our education system, we believe the power of mentorship should not be underestimated," said Santa Cruz Warriors President Chris Murphy. "Leaders in all industries can positively influence students to achieve their goals through developing mutually beneficial relationships and creating a strong sense of community."
The Santa Cruz Warriors Mentorship Program is targeted to local college-aged students and aims to advance equity and empower students to build positive relationships. With mentors and mentees meeting on a monthly basis from January to May, students will gain valuable insight on career development from their mentors, while also developing their professional network.
"In terms of equity and social justice, our hope is that this program provides our local college students and the next generation with an encouraging community that can guide them down a positive pathway," said Murphy.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, please visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2021
- Capital City Names Amber Nichols General Manager - Capital City Go-Go
- Santa Cruz Warriors Debut Mentorship Program - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charlotte Hornets Assistant Coach Jay Hernandez to Coach Greensboro Swarm at NBA G League Bubble - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Warriors Recall Jordan Poole and Transfer Nico Mannion to Golden State
- Warriors Beat Spurs 109-104 and Extend Win Streak to Eight
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Seven Games with 108-88 Win over Nets
- Warriors Hold off Hustle and Extend Win Streak to Six, 116-111
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95