Santa Cruz Warriors Complete Two Trades Following 2018 NBA G League Draft
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors, the G League affiliate of the Back-to-Back NBA champion Golden State Warriors, have completed two separate trades with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and South Bay Lakers, the team announced today.
The Warriors received from the Vipers the returning rights to guard Darius Morris and the rights to Jaleel Cousins, the 49th pick in the 2018 NBA G League Draft. In exchange, the Warriors sent Rio Grande Valley the returning rights to guard Jabari Brown, as well as the rights to guards Kentrell Barkley (17th overall selection) and DeAngelo Isby (37th overall selection).
In a separate transaction with the South Bay Lakers, Santa Cruz acquired the rights to Serbian forward Alen Smailagic, who was the fourth overall selection in the 2018 NBA G League Draft. In exchange, the Warriors sent South Bay the rights to forward Jemerrio Jones, the 18th overall pick in today's draft, as well as the team's 2019 first round draft selection.
Morris (6'4, 195, Michigan) owns four years of NBA experience with the Los Angeles Lakers, Philadelphia 76ers, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies and Brooklyn Nets, with career averages of 3.2 points, 1.4 assists and 0.9 rebounds in 132 career games. Morris, 27, joins Santa Cruz after spending the last three NBA G League seasons with the Vipers, with averages of 19.0 points, 7.6 assists and 4.6 rebounds in three games in 2017-18.
Cousins (6'11, 255, South Florida), joins the Santa Cruz Warriors most recently from the New Orleans Pelicans 2018 Summer League Team, averaging 3.5 points on 50.0 shooting from the field (6-of-12 FG) and 3.0 rebounds in four games (1 start). Cousins appeared in 31 NBA G League games during the 2016-17 season, averaging 5.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 0.6 blocks for the Reno Bighorns and Texas Legends.
Smailagic (6'10, 215, Serbia) is an 18-year-old forward from Belgrade, Serbia who most recently played for KK Beko in the U19 Roda JLS, scoring 21.7 points, 11.1 rebounds and 1.9 blocks in 17.6 minutes across 19 games to win league MVP. Born on August 18, 2000, Smailagic would be the youngest player in Santa Cruz Warriors roster history and the first player born in 2000 to suit up in the NBA G League.
To secure the best seats to the biggest games, including Opening Night on November 7, the team recommends becoming a season ticket holder as less than 25 seats within the first six rows of the court are available. To inquire about Santa Cruz Warriors season tickets, please call 831-713-4400. For additional information on single-game ticket presales, partial season package options and group tickets, fans are encouraged to sign-up for Warriors Insider by visiting santacruzbasketball.com/insider.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 22, 2018
- Lakeland Magic Finalize Training Camp Roster - Lakeland Magic
- Santa Cruz Warriors Complete Two Trades Following 2018 NBA G League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2018 Training Camp Roster & Schedule - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Iowa Announces 2018 Training Camp Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Los Angeles Lakers Assign Isaac Bonga to South Bay - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Set Training Camp Roster - Salt Lake City Stars
- Fox Sports Southwest to Broadcast All Legends Home Games - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Assign Jevon Carter to Memphis Hustle - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs Announce 2018 Training Camp Roster - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Announce Pre-Season Game against Los Laguneros - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Unveil New Logo for 2018-19 Season - Texas Legends
- Pacers Assign Ike Anigbogu to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stockton Kings Announce 2018-19 Training Camp Roster - Stockton Kings
- Wisconsin Herd Announce Training Camp Roster - Wisconsin Herd
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Trade with Iowa Wolves - Greensboro Swarm
- Iowa Acquires L.G. Gill in Trade with Greensboro - Iowa Wolves
- Swarm Announce Training Camp Roster - Greensboro Swarm
- Agua Caliente Clippers Announce 2018-19 Training Camp Roster - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Coats Announce Training Camp Roster - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Acquire Orland Sanchez - Grand Rapids Drive
- Long Island Nets Finalize Training Camp Roster - Long Island Nets
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Conclude 2018-19 Season with Defeat to Rio Grande Valley Vipers, 144-125
- Santa Cruz Warriors Advance to Western Conference Finals, Beat the Blue 117-102
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League