Legends Unveil New Logo for 2018-19 Season
FRISCO, TX, (Oct. 22, 2018) - The Texas Legends are excited to announce a new logo design for the 2018-19 season accompanied by a new merchandise line!
The updated design (shown below) includes similarities to the old logo as well as the affiliated Dallas Mavericks logo. The centerpiece of the logo is a basketball with six lines for the six pillars of the Legends' community outreach: military empowerment, cancer research, fighting hunger, youth involvement, creating a brighter future, and international growth of the sport.
"We recently rolled out a new marketing campaign centered around our fan-first mentality: Together," said Malcolm Farmer, President and General Manager of the Legends. "We're together in business, in the stands, on the court, with the Mavs, and in the community. And we feel as though together we can accomplish more, so we want to celebrate the impact our fans and community have on our team."
The ring around the basketball represents the team's unity with the North Dallas area. It has been part of the mission statement since formation that the Legends be tied deeply into the community, and because of that the community has in turn been heavily involved with the team. The Legends continuously post new record-setting attendance numbers and boast a home court advantage like none other in the NBA G League.
The "TL" for Texas Legends now has a winged design for speed- both the speed of the game and the speed of growth in Frisco and surrounding areas.
At the very heart of the logo is the star, for the Lone Star State. The Legends pride themselves on being in the heart of Texas and representing Texas' true legends in an honorable fashion.
"The new logo presents a cleaner, crisper, sleeker look," said Farmer. "In our area, this design seems to fit better with the growth and fast-paced environment, but also serves as a better representation of our relationship with the community and the Mavericks. We're excited to unveil some new merchandise for the fans to update the look."
This new logo campaign aligns with the second year of the NBA's move to Nike merchandise. The decision to create a new look was made with the league's decision to switch brands and the roll out comes just in time for the 2018-19 season.
The new merchandise will be available starting at noon today at the Legends' online store- TexLegendsShop.com- as well as at all home games. Your first chance to grab the gear in person will be Nov. 9th as the Legends host the Salt Lake City Stars in their home opener at 7:30pm. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 22, 2018
- Lakeland Magic Finalize Training Camp Roster - Lakeland Magic
- Santa Cruz Warriors Complete Two Trades Following 2018 NBA G League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2018 Training Camp Roster & Schedule - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Iowa Announces 2018 Training Camp Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Los Angeles Lakers Assign Isaac Bonga to South Bay - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Set Training Camp Roster - Salt Lake City Stars
- Fox Sports Southwest to Broadcast All Legends Home Games - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Assign Jevon Carter to Memphis Hustle - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs Announce 2018 Training Camp Roster - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Announce Pre-Season Game against Los Laguneros - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Unveil New Logo for 2018-19 Season - Texas Legends
- Pacers Assign Ike Anigbogu to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stockton Kings Announce 2018-19 Training Camp Roster - Stockton Kings
- Wisconsin Herd Announce Training Camp Roster - Wisconsin Herd
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Trade with Iowa Wolves - Greensboro Swarm
- Iowa Acquires L.G. Gill in Trade with Greensboro - Iowa Wolves
- Swarm Announce Training Camp Roster - Greensboro Swarm
- Agua Caliente Clippers Announce 2018-19 Training Camp Roster - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Coats Announce Training Camp Roster - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Acquire Orland Sanchez - Grand Rapids Drive
- Long Island Nets Finalize Training Camp Roster - Long Island Nets
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.