San Jose Earthquakes Acquire 2005 Third Round SuperDraft Selection From Columbus Crew
San Jose (Tuesday, January 13, 2004) - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that the club has acquired a 2005 third round MLS SuperDraft selection from the Columbus Crew in exchange for veteran midfielder Manny Lagos.
Lagos, 32, enjoyed three successful seasons with the Earthquakes, helping San Jose win two MLS Cup Championships. The eight-year MLS veteran came to San Jose in an off-season trade prior to the 2001 season, and proceeded to score 14 goals in his Earthquakes career and register 17 assists. Lagos played in 27 games for San Jose in 2003, including three playoff matches. Lagos tallied three goals and five assists in the regular season and added one playoff goal in the Quakes run to the championship.
The 2004 MLS SuperDraft will be held Friday, Jan. 16 in Charlotte, N.C., with the Earthquakes currently owning the fifth and tenth picks in the first round.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 13, 2004
- Earthquakes Comment on Moore's Resignation - San Jose Earthquakes
- Tom Soehn Joins Nowak's Staff - D.C. United
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire 2005 Third Round SuperDraft Selection From Columbus Crew - San Jose Earthquakes
- Crew Acquires Midfielder Manny Lagos from San Jose for Draft Pick - Columbus Crew SC
- Rapids Weekly Report - Colorado Rapids
- Galaxy Looking for Next Star at 2004 MLS SuperDraft - Los Angeles Galaxy
- D.C. United in the Community - D.C. United
- MLS Adds Two Top Prospects - MLS
- MetroStars Announce Formation of U-15 Team - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Avaya Stadium to Host U.S. MNT Friendly against Costa Rica February 2
- Earthquakes Announce Assistants on Almeyda's Staff for 2019
- First Snow of 2018 Set to Fall on December 2 at Quakes Winterfest
- Earthquakes Unveil Third Mini-Pitch in the Bay Area
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper Matt Bersano Undergoes Surgery on Hand