San Antonio Rampage Reassigns Rookie Forward Adam Perry to Arizona
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Arizona Sundogs of the Central Hockey League, in conjunction with triple-A affiliate the San Antonio Rampage, announced Monday that forward Adam Perry has been reassigned to the Sundogs by the American Hockey League (AHL) club.
Perry, 22, appeared in three games with the Rampage since being recalled on Feb. 2. The Peterborough, Ontario native recorded one goal, a game-winning tally in a 2-1 win over the Rochester Americans on Feb. 8. Perry has skated in a total of 11 contests with San Antonio this season, registering three points (1g/2a) and 19 penalty minutes (PIM).
The rookie centerman ranks second on the team in scoring and third among CHL rookies this season with 45 points, despite having played in 13 fewer games than rookie leader Darryl Smith (54 points). His 18 goals rank second among CHL rookies and his 27 assists rank third in the league among first-year players.
The 5-foot-11, 185-pound forward was named the Oakley/CHL Player of the Week for the period ending Feb. 1 after posting eight points (5g/3a), including his first-ever professional hat trick, in three games against the Rocky Mountain Rage.
Perry was first assigned to the Sundogs by the Rampage on November 18 and has been held scoreless in just eight contests this season.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2009
- Shots from the Point for Monday, February 16th - CHL
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Brahmas to Host Meet and Greet at Hooters - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Gorillas Reach New agreement with Civic Center - Amarillo Gorillas
- Christian Earns Player of Week Award - Tulsa Oilers
- Oakley CHL Player/Goaltender of the Week Winners Announced - CHL
- Thunder Weekly Update - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Raise Over $50,000 For Breast Cancer Treatment And Research - Rapid City Rush
- Rush To Judgment - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- San Antonio Rampage Reassigns Rookie Forward Adam Perry to Arizona - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- Amarillo Gorillas Weekly Notes - Amarillo Gorillas
- Bud Light Coach's Show postponed due to team travel - Amarillo Gorillas
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.