Salt Lake Wraps up Road Trip
Reno put together back to back four run innings in the first and second, as the Aces cruised to a 19-4 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Tuesday night. The Bees had taken a 2-0 lead in the top of the first on a two run homer by Chad Wallach that Statcast at 479 feet with an exit velocity of 109 miles per hour before Reno took the lead for good in the bottom of the first. The Aces would also score three in the fourth before Michael Stefanic ripped a two run homer to left in the fifth. Reno would score at least one run in every inning, but the third.
The homer by Stefanic would extend his hitting streak to seven games. Taylor Ward doubled in the fifth to stretch his streak to seven games. Brendon Davis had his ten game hitting streak come to an end. The nineteen runs allowed and the 21 hits for Reno are both season highs allowed by Salt Lake pitching.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from September 22, 2021
- Isotopes Unveil "Watermelon Walk-Off" - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Salt Lake Bees Host Sacramento in Final Stretch - Salt Lake Bees
- Skeeters Set to Enter Triple A Final Stretch - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Salt Lake Wraps up Road Trip - Salt Lake Bees
- "Bulls in the Ballpark" Returns to Dell Diamond November 5-6 - Round Rock Express
- Dickerson homers, Krizan scores thrice in River Cats' series-clinching victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Tally Record-Breaking Six Triples in 19-4 Win over Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Katoh Headlines Chihuahuas Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Jeremy Peña Puts on Power Display in Skeeters Walk-Off Win - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Tacoma Concludes 73-47 Regular Season with 8-4 Loss at El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Fall Victim to Peña's Heroic Night in Series Finale - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.