Salt Lake Stallions Daily Update
- The Stallions once again were on the practice field on Wednesday, as Dennis Erickson and his staff put the players through a nearly two-hour fully padded practice at Comalander Field.
- The Stallions are currently comprised of players from 42 different collegiate programs. The University of Utah, with 11 former Utes, represents the school with most players on the Stallions roster.
- For the first time during training camp the Stallions will not practice at Comalander Field on Thursday, January 10, as they will travel five miles east to STAR COMPLEX for a fully padded practice scheduled to begin at 9:00 am local time.
- The Stallions today announced the return of former Ute guard Salesi Uhatafe to the active roster following his stint with the Detroit Lions. The 6-5, 310-pound Uhatafe was a four-year starter at Utah where he earned second-team All-Pac-12 as a senior. During his collegiate career he appeared in 52 games for the Utes (38 starts).
- Salt Lake Stallions' home games will be played at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Fans can purchase season tickets for as low as $75 at www.saltlakestallions.com or by calling (833) AAF-2019. For more information on The Stallions, visit the team's website and be sure to follow The Stallions on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- The Salt Lake Stallions team headquarters while in training camp in San Antonio will be Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Landmark.
2019 SALT LAKE STALLIONS QUOTE SHEETS
- Dennis Erickson on the coaching staff and what they are looking for during these early practices:
"They are all excited about what's going on. We sit down (as a staff) every night and talk about the players that they are coaching because we have evaluate where we are at, (as far as) who is going to make the team and who isn't going to make the team. That is what it is all about. That is the difference between college football and pro football. You have to get down to a certain number, and if you are not doing the right things as a player you are not going to play and that is kind of where our evaluation process is right now. We evaluate them every day. Not just on the field but in the classroom, where we are studying and giving (the players) plays and stuff like that, so its 24/7 and its 24/7 for us as far as evaluation. We want to have the best (team) to help us win."
- Dennis Erickson on the quarterbacks and where they stand after these early practices:
"Well we have four that are really good. Josh (Woodrum) is playing really well right now, B.J. Daniels is playing good, and he is backing (Woodrum) up. (Austin Allen) and (Matt) Linehan, both those guys are pretty darn good. But the first two I mentioned, Josh and B.J., are leading that group right now, so we will see how it goes as time goes on. But Austin (Allen), he's not playing bad and (Matt) Linehan is playing pretty good to. I am happy where they are at, but we will see how it goes. It changes when you put pads on, so it's a little shaky the first part of practice today at that position."
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from January 10, 2019
- Memphis Express Daily Update - Memphis Express
- January 10, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update - Orlando Apollos
- Memphis Express Unveils 30-Minute Downtown Challenge - Memphis Express
- "Stacking Those Blocks": Iron QB Luis Perez Recaps Day 6 of Camp - Birmingham Iron
- San Antonio Commanders Training Camp Daily Update for Thursday, January 10, 2019 - San Antonio Commanders
- Birmingham Iron Daily Report - Birmingham Iron
- Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - Arizona Hotshots
- SD Fleet Daily Update - San Diego Fleet
- Salt Lake Stallions Daily Update - Salt Lake Stallions
- SD Fleet Daily Update - San Diego Fleet
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Stallions Stories
- Can Johnny Manziel Help the Memphis Express Get on Track?
- Salt Lake Stallions DE Karter Schult Named AAF Defensive Player of the Week
- Salt Lake Stallions Sign DB Jeremiah Johnson
- Salt Lake Stallions Post Game Notes & Quotes (Week 6 V. Memphis)
- Salt Lake Stallions Announce Additional Week 6 Roster Moves