Salt Lake Stallions DE Karter Schult Named AAF Defensive Player of the Week
Salt Lake Stallions defensive end Karter Schult was named AAF Defensive Player of the Week, the Alliance of American Football league office announced on Tuesday. Schult tallied five total tackles, two sacks and four QB hits in the Stallions' 22-9 victory last week against the Memphis Express.
The accolade is the first of Schult's Alliance career.
Schult, who leads The Alliance with seven sacks this season, anchored a Salt Lake defense that held Memphis to nine points and 239 total yards while racking up seven team sacks in the win.
The Stallions will head into San Antonio to prepare for a primetime division matchup against the Commanders with playoff implications at stake. First snap is set for Saturday, Mar. 23 at 7:00pm CT on NFL Network.
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from March 20, 2019
- Alliance of American Football Brings Championship Game to the Lone Star State - AAF
- Salt Lake Stallions DE Karter Schult Named AAF Defensive Player of the Week - Salt Lake Stallions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Stallions Stories
- Salt Lake Stallions Post Game Notes & Quotes
- Salt Lake Stallions Announce Week 8 Roster Moves
- Can Johnny Manziel Help the Memphis Express Get on Track?
- Salt Lake Stallions DE Karter Schult Named AAF Defensive Player of the Week
- Salt Lake Stallions Sign DB Jeremiah Johnson