Salt Lake City Acquires Akeem Springs
The Salt Lake City Stars, the NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, announced today the team has added guard Akeem Springs from the available player pool. Springs (6-4, 220, Minnesota) appeared in 16 games (four starts) for the Canton Charge this season, posting averages of 4.2 points and 1.3 rebounds in 13.1 minutes per game before being waived on Jan. 8. The 23-year-old finished his college career at Minnesota during the 2016-17 season, appearing in 32 games (14 starts) and averaging 9.5 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.3 assists. He will wear #12 for Salt Lake City and is expected to be available for tonight's contest against the Oklahoma City Blue.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 11, 2018
- Santa Cruz Warriors Take Down South Bay Lakers In Overtime Thriller, 131-127 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Salt Lake City Acquires Akeem Springs - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hustle fall short in second half to Grand Rapids - Memphis Hustle
- South Bay Drops Overtime Thriller in Santa Cruz - South Bay Lakers
- Short-Handed Wolves Fall in Down to the Wire Matchup with Spurs - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Win Nail-Biter over Iowa Wolves 89-87 - Austin Spurs
- Horford's Career Game Propels Drive to Sixth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Andrew White III from Erie to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.