Ryan Dennard Named To All-Ironman Team
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Blaze WR/LB RYAN DENNARD (6-3, 227, ASU) was named to the Arena Football League All-Ironman Team today. Dennard, who is currently in his third AFL season, was one of 14 selections named.
The term "Ironman" is the epitome of the AFL. An "All-Ironman" selection recognizes the players who excel in all facets of the game - offense, defense and special teams. Players named to this team are recognized as the best "two-way" performers at their respective positions and are candidates for the League's most prestigious award - The U.S. Army Ironman of the Year - which will be announced on Thursday, July 12.
Dennard recorded 30.0 total tackles, including 2.0 tackles for loss. The former Sun Devil was named the AFL Ironman of the Week for first two weeks of the season in the Blaze's victories over New Orleans and division rival, Arizona. On the offensive side of the ball, Dennard tallied 35 receptions for 449 yards and 14 touchdowns.
DENNARD'S 2007 STATISTICS
SOLO ASSISTED TOTAL TACKLES TFL INT FORCED FUMBLES PASS BREAKUPS
19 22 30.0 2.0 4 1 3
REC YARDS AVG TD AVG/GAME
35 449 12.8 14 34.5
Viewed as one of the Blaze most versatile players, Dennard has the ability to play receiver, jack linebacker, defensive back and special teams.
With the Dallas Desperados' 77-58 victory over the Colorado Crush on last Monday night, the Utah Blaze (8-8) will travel to play the Los Angeles Avengers (9-7) in the first round of the 2007 Arena Football League Playoffs on Monday, July 2. Kickoff at STAPLES Center is set for 8 p.m. (MT) and will be televised live on ESPN2 and heard on 1280 The Zone.
2007 ALL-IRONMAN TEAM
POSITION PLAYER TEAM
Fullback/Linebacker Duke Pettijohn Dallas
Fullback/Linebacker Robert Thomas Colorado
Fullback/Linebacker Harold Wells Columbus
Fullback/Linebacker Idris Price Philadelphia
Offensive/Defensive Lineman Chris Snyder Colorado
Offensive/Defensive Lineman Winfield Garnett Grand Rapids
Offensive/Defensive Lineman Reggie Lee Orlando
Wide Receiver/Defensive Back Will Pettis Dallas
Wide Receiver/Linebacker DeJuan Alfonzo Chicago
Wide Receiver/Linebacker Lawrence Samuels Tampa Bay
WIDE RECEIVER/LINEBACKER RYAN DENNARD UTAH
Wide Receiver/Linebacker BJ Barre Columbus
Wide Receiver/Linebacker Jerome Riley Grand Rapids
Wide Receiver/Linebacker Jason Geathers San Jose
ABOUT THE BLAZE
The Utah Blaze were winners of the 2006 Commissioner's Award, given to the Arena Football League's Organization of the Year, and the Best Support Staff Award. 2008 Season Tickets are now available by logging onto www.utahblaze.com or by calling (801) 257-3111. The Blaze are owned and operated by the Ken Garff Automotive Group - www.kengarff.com.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from June 29, 2007
- Soul Take Down Predators In Wild Card Matchup, 41-26 - Philadelphia Soul
- Geathers Earns Spot On 2007 AFL All-Ironman Team - San Jose SaberCats
- Tampa Bay's Samuels Earns AFL All-Ironman Honors - Tampa Bay Storm
- Garnett, Riley Named to 2007 All-Ironman Team - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Cohen Can Become AFL's All-Time Postseason Sack Leader This Weekend - AFL I
- Barre, Wells Named To 2007 All-Ironman Team - Columbus Destroyers
- Ryan Dennard Named To All-Ironman Team - Utah Blaze
- Chicago Rush Playoff Game July 9th - Chicago Rush
- Alfonzo Named To AFL All-Ironman Team - Chicago Rush
- 2007 AFL All-Ironman Team - AFL I
- 2007 Was Record Setting Season - AFL I
- ArenaBowl XXI - Bloggers Welcome - AFL I
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Blaze Stories
- AFL, Utah Blaze suspend operations for 2009 season
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek Fares Well at Power-Lifting Meet
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek to participate in powerlifting competition
- Matt Griff Takes A Liking To Extreme Sports
- Utah Blaze Offensive Coordinator Tony Kimbrough No Stranger To Change