Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek Fares Well at Power-Lifting Meet
SALT LAKE CITY ‑ Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek left the Southern Powerlifting Federation Record Breakers competition in Chattanooga, Tenn., Saturday, Nov. 29, with the title of "Best Lifter of Meet" by totaling 2,425 pounds in his three lifts.
Janek, who competed in the 308-pound division, was the only one of the 73 competitors in the competition to squat 1,000 pounds. In his other lifts he again topped the field by posting 725 pounds In the bench press and 700 pounds in the dead-lift.
Janek's next closest competitor, who competed in a weight division higher than his, recorded an aggregate of 1,905 pounds.
Despite the dominating performance, Janek feels he had more to give.
"I did okay," he said. "I mean, I feel like I could have done a little better, but that's why there's always next year."
With his performance at the meet, Janek qualified for a national power-lifting event. Unfortunately, Janek will respectfully decline the invitation because it will conflict with the Arena Football League season.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from December 2, 2008
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek Fares Well at Power-Lifting Meet - Utah Blaze
- 2008 Dispersal Draft may twist and turn - OSC Original by John Hahn
- VooDoo offer some outstanding players - OSC Original by John Hahn
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Blaze Stories
- AFL, Utah Blaze suspend operations for 2009 season
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek Fares Well at Power-Lifting Meet
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek to participate in powerlifting competition
- Matt Griff Takes A Liking To Extreme Sports
- Utah Blaze Offensive Coordinator Tony Kimbrough No Stranger To Change