Royals Sign Defenseman Dominic Jalbert
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Washington Capitals of the National Hockey League and the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League, today announced that the team has signed defenseman Dominic Jalbert ['zhahl BAY'] to an ECHL contract. In a separate transaction, forward David Marshall has been loaned to the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL.
Jalbert (5'11/193) (23), who hails from Gatineau, Quebec, just completed his third season at the University of Ottawa, where he was second in scoring amongst defensemen in Ontario University Athletics with twenty-eight points (8g-20a) in twenty-six games. Jalbert, who has been twice selected as a OUA East First Team All-Star, led defenseman on the Gee-Gees in scoring in all three seasons with the team. Prior to his stint at the University of Ottawa, he played four seasons with the Chicoutimi Sangueneens of the QMJHL, where he led defensemen on the team in scoring in 2008-09 and led the entire team the following year. In his final season with the Sangueneens, Jalbert was honored with the Canadian Hockey League Subway Scholastic Player of the Year award, as well as the Guy Lafleur Award of Excellence based on his performance on the ice and in the classroom.
For Marshall, a fourth year pro from Buffalo, Minnesota, this marks his second trip to the AHL this season. He picked up twelve penalty minutes in six games with the Binghamton Senators in February. Marshall, who has fifty points (18g-32a) in fifty-five games with the Royals this season, has registered twenty-six points (14g-12a) and sixty-six penalty minutes in 115 career regular season AHL games.
The Royals take on the Orlando Solar Bears at Sovereign Center in Reading, Pennsylvania on Friday, March 8 @ 7:05 pm. That night we will have Slapshot's Birthday celebration presented by the Miller Law Group. The first 1000 fans eighteen years of age and older that night will receive a travel mug courtesy of the Perfetto Insurance Agency. There will be a post-game 'Clam Shoot' courtesy of the Seafood Shanty. The game day broadcast on Friday will kick off on CBS Sports Radio 1240 am and 98.5 fm at 6:35 pm with the Pre-Game Warm-Up Show presented by Steve Moyer Subaru. Royals multi-game flex plans for the Royals 2012-13 season presented by Steve Moyer Subaru are currently available. Get more at www.royalshockey.com. Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook at Reading Royals and "Follow" us on Twitter @RRoyalshockey for the latest team information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 6, 2013
- Eagles Split Set against Steelheads with 2-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Everblades Spoil Late Cyclones Rally in OT, 5-4 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Shootout Dooms Nailers, 2-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Grab Shootout Win Over Nailers - Elmira Jackals
- Barnett Signs off as Reign Broadcaster - Ontario Reign
- Rookie Wedgewood Gets Call to AHL; Heeter/Harper Return to Trenton - Trenton Titans
- Bulls Host LGBTQ Night at the Cow Palace on March 23 - San Francisco Bulls
- "Easy Being Green" Returns March 8-9 to Promote Eco-Friendly Initiatives in a Hockey Setting - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 6 - ECHL
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Las Vegas Wranglers - Ontario Reign
- 'BE GREAT! Classic for Kids' a Hit at Amway Center - Orlando Solar Bears
- Bulls Return Home to Take on the West-Leading Aces - San Francisco Bulls
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Florida - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Sign Defenseman Dominic Jalbert - Reading Royals
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Pink the Rink Weekend Nets $15,582 for Breast Cancer Awareness - Fort Wayne Komets
- Elmira Jackals Sign Brian Elser - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - March 6 - ECHL
- Idaho Grinds out Tough Win over Colorado - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.