Rowdies Announce Six-Game Preseason Slate
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - The 2020 Rowdies Suncoast Invitational will anchor the Tampa Bay Rowdies preseason schedule as Neill Collins' team prepares for the USL Championship season ahead.
The month of February will see Tampa Bay will take on two Major League Soccer Teams, one USL League One team, two colleges and one amateur academy. The Rowdies will officially open preseason camp Monday morning.
Three matches will be open to the public here in Tampa Bay, with a visit to Jacksonville also planned.
The 2020 Rowdies Suncoast Invitational will take place February 15 and 22. For the first time, admission will be free to the public with no ticket required. On Saturday, February 15, Inter Miami will play the Philadelphia Union at 4 p.m. before the Rowdies play the Montreal Impact at 7 p.m.
The following Saturday, the Rowdies will play Inter Miami at 7 p.m.
The first of Tampa Bay's two matches against college sides will see the Rowdies head to Jacksonville to take on the University of North Florida Ospreys on February 8. That match will be open to the public and free of charge. The Rowdies will close preseason with their annual visit to Tampa's Corbett Stadium to play the University of South Florida Bulls on Friday, February 28. Ticket information for that match will be made available in the future.
The Rowdies will play League One's South Georgia Tormenta for the second-consecutive year on Sunday, February 23 in a closed-door match.
The full preseason schedule is below.
Saturday, February 1 - vs Chivas Florida Academy U23 (closed-door)
Saturday, February 8 - at University of North Florida | 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 15 - vs Montreal Impact | 7 p.m.
Saturday, February 22 - vs Inter Miami | 7 p.m.
Sunday, February 23 - vs South Georgia Tormenta (closed-door)
Friday, February 28 - at University of South Florida | 7 p.m.
The 2020 Rowdies Suncoast Invitational schedule is below.
February 15 - Inter Miami vs. Philadelphia Union | 4 p.m.
February 15 - Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Montreal Impact | 7 p.m.
February 22 - Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Inter Miami | 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 15, 2020
- 5 Reasons Why You Should be An OCSC Season Ticket Holder - Orange County SC
- T2 Announce Four Player Signings Ahead of 2020 USL Championship Season - Portland Timbers 2
- El Paso Locomotive FC Brings Back Two More Players from the Inaugural Season, Memo Diaz and Moses Makinde - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Rowdies Partner with Chargers SC for USL League Two Team - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Tah Brian Anunga Set to Join Nashville SC - Charleston Battery
- San Antonio FC Adds Midfielder Santiago Viera on Loan from Liverpool Montevideo - San Antonio FC
- Republic FC Signs Academy Standouts Mario Penagos and Hayden Sargis to First Professional Contracts - Sacramento Republic FC
- Louisville City Will Compete in 2020 Wasatch Winter Cup - Louisville City FC
- Switchbacks FC Announce Preseason Schedule - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Tampa Bay Rowdies Add U23 Team in USL League Two - USL
- Hounds Sign Defender/Midfielder Tony Walls - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Austin Bold FC Announces Returning Players for 2020 Season - Austin Bold FC
- T2 Goalkeeper Coach Adin Brown Joins Chicago Fire FC Coaching Staff - Portland Timbers 2
- Rowdies Announce Six-Game Preseason Slate - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Forward Mac Steeves Re-Signs with Hartford Athletic - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.