Robin Fraser Departs Toronto FC
Toronto FC announced today that assistant coach Robin Fraser has departed the club after accepting the head coaching position with the Colorado Rapids.
"On behalf of everyone at Toronto FC, we'd like to thank Robin for all his contributions to the club and we wish him success moving forward in his new position," said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis.
Fraser, 52, was in his fifth season as an assistant coach after originally joining Toronto FC on January 8, 2015. During his time with TFC, Fraser was part of the club's 2017 Treble winning season (MLS Cup, MLS Supporters' Shield and Canadian Championship). Toronto FC also won an additional two Canadian Championships (2016 and 2018) and were finalists in the 2018 Concacaf Champions League during Fraser's time with the club. Prior to joining Toronto FC, Fraser spent two seasons as an assistant coach with the New York Red Bulls (2013, 2014) where the club won the 2013 MLS Supporters' Shield. Prior to that, Fraser spent two seasons (2011, 2012) as head coach of Chivas USA.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 25, 2019
- Dynamo Fall to FC Dallas in Return Leg of Texas Derby - Houston Dynamo
- Manneh's Goal Not Enough - FC Cincinnati
- Robin Fraser Departs Toronto FC - Toronto FC
- Colorado Rapids Appoint Robin Fraser as Head Coach - Colorado Rapids
- Musicians Mat Kearney and Will Hoge Bring MLS Hype to Live on the Green - Nashville SC
- Nick De Santis Leaves the Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Defeats Colorado Rapids in Wild Finish - Real Salt Lake
- Quakes set single-game MLS records with 43 shots and 19 shots on goal in win - San Jose Earthquakes
- Crepeau sets record, but 'Caps fall 3-1 to Quakes at Avaya Stadium - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Postgame Note: Real Salt Lake 2, Colorado Rapids 0 - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.