Robby Kristo Named Player of the Week for USL League One Week 16
Cary, NC - USL League One announced on Monday the Team of the Week Presented by Cleer Audio for Week 16 of the 2021 regular season, with North Carolina FC forward Robby Kristo named Player of the Week after scoring a pair of goals in NCFC's 4-0 home win against the Richmond Kickers on Wednesday night at Sahlen's Stadium at WakeMed Soccer Park.
Kristo opened the scoring in the 19th minute with a well-placed header, then doubled his tally with a world-class goal from the midfield circle four minutes before halftime. The striker did well to control the ball with his back to goal, swiveled, and hit a lob shot which caught Richmond's goalkeeper off his line and flew spectacularly into the net. The goal landed as the No. 2 play on ESPN's SportsCenter Top 10 the following morning.
NCFC's lopsided home win and Union Omaha's 2-1 win over FC Tucson on Saturday night - which sent los Búhos two points clear at the top of the table - see the two clubs lead all clubs with three players each represented in this week's team.
GK - Jake McGuire, North Carolina FC: McGuire kept a three-save clean sheet to provide the platform for NCFC's second home win against Richmond this season.
M - Josh Coan, North Carolina FC: Coan scored a pair of quality goals in the second half of NCFC's 4-0 win against Richmond, notched one key pass, and won 4 of 6 duels.
F - Robby Kristo, North Carolina FC: In addition to his two excellent goals, Kristo was everywhere for NCFC against Richmond last Wednesday. He led all players in the match in dribbles completed (three), chances created (three), fouls drawn (seven) and duels won (22).
NCFC travel to take on Fort Lauderdale CF this Sunday August 1 at 7:30 p.m. ET. The game will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from July 26, 2021
- Three Owls Make USL League One Team of the Week - Week 16 - Union Omaha
- Brian Rosales Named to USL League One Team of the Week - Fort Lauderdale CF
- Robby Kristo Named Player of the Week for USL League One Week 16 - North Carolina FC
- North Carolina FC's Robby Kristo named Player of the Week - USL1
- Omaha Beats Tucson, Tightens Grip on Top Spot - Union Omaha
- Red Wolves Deadlock with Greenville Triumph - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- NCFC Falls to Top Chattanooga Squad
- NCFC to Face Chattanooga Red Wolves on the Road this Saturday
- North Carolina Football Club Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Fresh Market
- North Carolina Football Club Announces Lenovo as Official Technology Partner
- Albadawi Records Brace to Lift NCFC to 4-1 Win in Final Appearance Before Retirement