Riverhounds lose to Des Moines Menace
Washington, PA - The Riverhounds FC dropped their opening round match in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup action Wednesday night to the Des Moines Menace of the PDL at Waukee Stadium in Waukee, Iowa.
The match was scoreless through regulation time, which forced overtime. The Riverhounds' Mira Mupier scored a goal in 101st minute, but Brian Biggerstaff answered with a Menace goal in the 111th minute, continuing the standoff.
After two periods of overtime play, the match was tied at one a piece which forced Penalty Kicks.
The HOUNDS lost on penalties 4-2. Riverhounds Goalie Chris Robinson and Derek MacKenzie missed, while the Menace scored on each of their efforts.
The HOUNDS return to action at Falconi Field June 18th when they'll face the Cincinnati Kings (3-4). Kick off is scheduled for 7:05. The first 1,000 adults will receive a Spirit T Shirt when they enter the gates, and the Pittsburgh Spirit will be on hand throughout the evening. The Spirit will take to the field following the HOUNDS match for an exhibition match.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from June 15, 2005
- Riverhounds lose to Des Moines Menace - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Rough Riders update - Long Island Rough Riders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- Highmark Stadium Goes Gold on Saturday
- Hounds Complete Regular Season
- Preview: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC at New York Red Bulls II
- Hounds Tie Atlanta, 1-1
- Greenspan Named to USL Team of the Week