Rise Together, Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, Evenko and L'Equipe Spectra's Fundraising Initiative to Raise $66,340 with First Round of Auctions
MONTREAL - Two weeks after the launch of the Rise Together initiative, the fundraiser to support frontline healthcare workers and those impacted by COVID-1, the Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, evenko and L'Ãquipe Spectra have raised $66,340 with the first round of auction prizes. Travelling on the Canadiens' team charter with the players to an Original Six road game, the most coveted item since the launch, contributed raising close to $25,000 alone. As of today, a whole new list of sweepstakes in which to participate and auctions on which to bid are listed on https://bit.ly/HabsRiseTogether .
Proceeds from the sweepstakes and auctions will go to Centraide and will also be used to provide meals, prepared by chefs and restaurant staff at the Bell Centre, to frontline healthcare workers in certain residential and long-term care centres (CHSLD) located in the greater Montreal area.
Second wave of once-in-a-lifetime sweepstakes and auctions
As the first wave of sweepstakes and auctions closed last night, participants can now find a new list of prizes online. Options include:
Playing paintball with Brendan Gallagher and Artturi Lehkonen;
A private skating session with Max Domi;
A round of golf with Alex Burrows and Alex Belzile;
Getting married at center ice, Habs-style with Michel Lacroix serving as your officiant;
A virtual cooking class with renowned Chef Chuck Hughes, who is behind the food for artists and guests in OSHEAGA's Artist World; and
Dining with Philippe Bond prior to attending his show in the front row seat.
"We are thrilled that our players, as well as Philippe Bond and Chuck Hughes, decided to join us in this project and to offer these out-of-the-ordinary experiences to raise funds for the cause" said France Margaret Bélanger, Chief Commercial Officer, Groupe CH (Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, evenko and L'Ãquipe Spectra).
Please note that all participants in the sweepstakes and auctions must be 18+ years of age. Winners and their guests, if applicable, are responsible for their travel expenses, to and from the location of the experience, as the case may be.
More information about Centraide of Greater Montreal's COVID-19 Emergency Fund can be found at centraide-mtl.org/en/covid-19/emergency-fund.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 20, 2020
- Norris and Batherson Named to 2019-20 AHL First and Second All-Star Teams - Belleville Senators
- Rise Together, Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, Evenko and L'Equipe Spectra's Fundraising Initiative to Raise $66,340 with First Round of Auctions - Laval Rocket
- 2019-20 American Hockey League First and Second All-Star Teams Named - AHL
- MacDonald Named AHL Second Team All-Star - Colorado Eagles
- Ingram Named Second Team AHL All-Star - Milwaukee Admirals
- Boucher, Rafferty Earn League Honors - Utica Comets
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team - Syracuse Crunch
- 2019-20 Season in Review - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Sign Jesper Olofsson to One-Year AHL Deal - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- Laval Rocket to Play Home Games at the Bell Centre for the 2020-21 Season
- Laval Rocket Organization Announces the Team Will Take Part in the 2020-21 AHL Season
- Canadiens and Alexandre Alain Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract
- Blandisi: in Grieving, Giving Back
- Kaiden Guhle Has Winning on His Mind