Ingram Named Second Team AHL All-Star
Milwaukee, WI - The American Hockey League announced today the 2019-20 AHL First and Second All-Star Teams, as voted by AHL coaches, players and media in each of the league's 31 member cities. Admirals goalie Connor Ingram was selected as the Second-Team Goalie.
Playing in his first year with the Admirals Ingram was 21-5-5 in 33 games during the 2019-20 campaign and ranked third in the AHL in both goals-against average (1.92) and save percentage (.933) while also posting two shutouts. A third-year pro, Ingram was honored with his second consecutive selection to the AHL All-Star Classic this year.
The Imperial, SK native allowed two or fewer goals in 24 of his appearances, including his final six games of the year when he surrendered just six goals. He won five consecutive games on three different occasions, including a nine-game streak from October 29 through December 6, which was one shy of a team-record. Ingram joined fellow goalie Troy Grosenick as the winners of the Hap Holmes Award, given to the AHL goaltenders with at least 25 GP on the team which allows the fewest goals per game in the regular season.
Ingram is the first Admiral to be named First- or Second-Team AHL All-Star since 2008-09 when Drew MacIntyre (goalie) and Cody Franson (defenseman) were selected for the second team.
2019-20 AHL First All-Star Team
G - Kaapo Kahkonen, Iowa Wild (34gp, 25-6-3, 2.07gaa, .927sv%, 7so)
D - Jake Bean, Charlotte Checkers (59gp, 10+38=48pts., 3 PPG, 18 PPA)
D - Brennan Menell, Iowa Wild (57gp, 5+42=47pts., +8, 3 PPG, 23 PPA)
LW - Reid Boucher, Utica Comets (53gp, 34+33=67pts., +8, 9 PPG, 7 GWG)
C - Josh Norris, Belleville Senators (56gp, 31+30=61pts., +9, 10 PPG, 4 GWG)
RW - Sam Anas, Iowa Wild (63gp, 20+50=70pts., 7 PPG, 35 PPA)
2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team
G - Connor Ingram, Milwaukee Admirals (33gp, 21-5-5, 1.92gaa, .933sv%, 2so)
D - Jacob MacDonald, Colorado Eagles (56gp, 16+26=42pts., +7, 7 PPG, 14 PPA)
D - Brogan Rafferty, Utica Comets (57gp, 7+38=45pts., +17, 3 PPG, 17 PPA)
LW - Gerry Mayhew, Iowa Wild (49gp, 39+22=61pts., +16, 13 PPG, 10 GWG)
C - Alex Barre-Boulet, Syracuse Crunch (60gp, 27+29=56pts., +2, 9 PPG, 3 GWG)
RW - Drake Batherson, Belleville Senators (44gp, 16+38=54pts., +14, 3 PPG, 2 GWG)
Each All-Star Team member will receive a custom-designed crystal award in recognition of his selection to the 2019-20 AHL First and Second All-Star Teams.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 20, 2020
- Norris and Batherson Named to 2019-20 AHL First and Second All-Star Teams - Belleville Senators
- Rise Together, Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, Evenko and L'Equipe Spectra's Fundraising Initiative to Raise $66,340 with First Round of Auctions - Laval Rocket
- 2019-20 American Hockey League First and Second All-Star Teams Named - AHL
- MacDonald Named AHL Second Team All-Star - Colorado Eagles
- Ingram Named Second Team AHL All-Star - Milwaukee Admirals
- Boucher, Rafferty Earn League Honors - Utica Comets
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team - Syracuse Crunch
- 2019-20 Season in Review - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Sign Jesper Olofsson to One-Year AHL Deal - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.