Riptide bow out in opener
Lowell, Ma -July 25th- Jocelyn Forest and Jessica Sallinger battled in a pitchers duel tonight at Martin Softball Field. In the end it was a soft hit that scored the Bandits' second run and a line drive that did not score the Riptide's as the Bandits took the first game of the series 2-1. Both pitchers gave up one walk and six hits as Forest goes to 6-7 and Sallinger to 9-5.
The Bandits jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the top of the third on a two out home run by Stacy May. The Riptide tied it quickly in the fourth on consecutive doubles by Jessica Merchant and Lisa Modglin.
The Riptide had a chance in the fifth. With bases loaded Lyndsey Angus hit a hard line drive toward third. May was able to snag it and double off TJ Eadus. The Bandits were more fortunate in the seventh. After Jamie Clark led off the inning with a double and Samantha Findlay walked with one out, Lyndsey Schutzler lifted a soft pop up just out of the reach of Gina Carbonatto who dove for the ball. Laura Harms drove in Clark with a sacrifice fly to give the Bandits the 2-1 win.
The Bandits series continues at Martin Softball Field on Saturday the 26th, Sunday the 27th and Monday 28th. Saturday is Make Peace With the Umpires night and Monday is Halloween in July.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from July 25, 2008
- Force knocks off Glory - Philadelphia Force
- Chicago Bandits defeat New England Riptide 2-1 - Chicago Bandits
- Riptide bow out in opener - New England Riptide
- Philly Force-Cast added to homepage - Philadelphia Force
- Come Meet the Chicago Bandits Broadcasters - Chicago Bandits
- Raptors and Thunder Announce 2nd Annual Play Day - Rockford Thunder
- Glory Slug, Pitch Their Way To The Top - Washington Glory
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.