Riders Sign Offensive Linemen Lanard Bonner And Devon Johnson
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced the following roster moves:
American offensive lineman Lanard Bonner
American offensive lineman Devon Johnson
Bonner (6'5 - 315lbs) joins the Riders after signing with the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent in April of 2019. The 23-year-old spent three collegiate seasons at Arkansas State. A standout for the Red Wolves offensive line, Bonner was named first team All-Sun Belt Conference and was a two-time recipient of the Gary Withrow Award as his team's most outstanding offensive lineman. In 2018, Bonner was a pre-season All-Sun Belt select, first team All-Sun Belt select and ranked third on Lindy's "Top 10" NFL Talent in the Sun Belt Conference. In 2017, the Alabama native started in all 12 games at right tackle for a team that ranked number one in the Sun Belt Conference in scoring offence, total offence, pass offence, third down conversions and first downs. He was a vital part to the teams' offensive success that ranked 10th in the nation in total offence and 13th in scoring offence.
Johnson (6'8 - 330) returns to the Riders after spending time on the Riders practice roster in 2019. Prior to joining the Club, the 24-year-old spent the spring with the Atlanta Falcons. Johnson attended Ferris State University, playing in four collegiate seasons for the Bulldogs. Johnson made 51 consecutive starts and became the second FSU player ever to receive an invite to the NFL combine. During his time at FSU, he helped his team to two national quarterfinal appearances in 2016 and 2017 and was part of an offensive line that became national offensive leaders in scoring, rushing and total offense in 2015 and 2016. Johnson competed in the NFLPA Collegiate bowl, is a two-time All-American, was chosen as the GLIAC's offensive lineman of the year, was a three-time All-GLIAC honoree and was a nominee for the 2018 Gene Upshaw Award.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Eskimos Sign Jimmy Ralph - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Muscle to the Defensive Line - Montreal Alouettes
- Riders Sign Offensive Linemen Lanard Bonner And Devon Johnson - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Blue Bombers Sign Linebacker Tobi Antigha - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stampeders Add Defensive Backs - Calgary Stampeders
- Eskimos Sign Jermaine Gabriel - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Acquire K/P Boris Bede in Trade with Montreal - Toronto Argonauts
- Alouettes Acquire Canadian Kicker Tyler Crapigna in Exchange of Boris Bede - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Sign Antonio Pipkin - Edmonton Eskimos
- Byron Archambault Named Alouettes Director of National Scouting - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.