Stampeders Add Defensive Backs
The Calgary Stampeders have signed American defensive backs Mitch Fettig, Javien Hamilton, Isaiah Wharton, Darius Williams and Evan Worthington.
Here is more information on the players:
College: Eastern Washington
Born: May 15, 1996
Birthplace: Olympia, WA
Fettig played four seasons at Eastern Washington and earned third-team all-Big Sky Conference honours as a junior in 2017 and as a senior in 2018. He was named to the conference all-academic team for four consecutive seasons. Over the course of his career with the Eagles, he accumulated 282 tackles including 6.5 tackles for loss, one sack, six interceptions and 17 pass breakups.
College: Ole Miss
Born: Sept. 2, 1996
Birthplace: Laurel, MS
Hamilton signed with the National Football League's Green Bay Packers in 2019. Collegiately, he played two seasons at Ole Miss and dressed for 24 games including eight starts. He made 38 tackles including one tackle for loss, picked off three passes and had seven pass breakups. Prior to enrolling at Ole Miss, he played two seasons at Jones County Junior College in Ellisville, Miss., and earned second-team all-conference honours during his sophomore year.
Born: Nov. 1, 1995
Birthplace: Kissimmee, FL
Wharton signed with the NFL's Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2019. He started all 48 of his career collegiate games over four years at Rutgers. He amassed 205 career tackles for the Scarlet Knights including 14.5 tackles for loss and had four interceptions, one forced fumble and 32 pass breakups.
College: Colorado State-Pueblo
Born: June 30, 1996
Birthplace: Sacramento, CA
Williams signed with the NFL's New Orleans Saints in 2019. He played college football at Colorado State-Pueblo and was a first-team Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference all-star in each of his four seasons. Williams finished his ThunderWolves career tied for second in school history with 17 interceptions. He returned six of those interceptions for touchdowns and had at least one pick-six in each of his four seasons at CSU-Pueblo. Williams recorded a total of 179 tackles including 17.5 tackles for loss and also had five sacks, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries including one returned for a touchdown and 42 pass breakups.
Born: Sept. 18, 1995
Birthplace: Denver, CO
Worthington signed with the NFL's Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2019. In college, he played 45 games and made 23 starts over four seasons at Colorado. He recorded 164 career tackles for the Buffaloes including 8.5 tackles for loss and added two sacks, four interceptions, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and 15 passes defended. He was an all-Pac 12 honourable mention in his final two seasons.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Eskimos Sign Jimmy Ralph - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Muscle to the Defensive Line - Montreal Alouettes
- Riders Sign Offensive Linemen Lanard Bonner And Devon Johnson - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Blue Bombers Sign Linebacker Tobi Antigha - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stampeders Add Defensive Backs - Calgary Stampeders
- Eskimos Sign Jermaine Gabriel - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Acquire K/P Boris Bede in Trade with Montreal - Toronto Argonauts
- Alouettes Acquire Canadian Kicker Tyler Crapigna in Exchange of Boris Bede - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Sign Antonio Pipkin - Edmonton Eskimos
- Byron Archambault Named Alouettes Director of National Scouting - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.