Riders Sign National Running Back Kienan Lafrance
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed national free-agent running back Kienan Lafrance to a one-year contract.
Lafrance (5'10 - 214) joins the Riders after spending last season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, where he registered 36 carries for 137 yards and two touchdowns in 16 regular-season games. He also played in the Western Semi-Final and Western Final.
This will be Lafrance's second stint with the Riders after spending the 2017 season with the team. The 27-year-old Winnipeg native was originally selected by the Ottawa Redblacks in the 6th round (45th overall) of the 2015 CFL Draft.
In 61 career regular-season games through four seasons, Lafrance has totaled 147 carries for 590 yards and four touchdowns and 36 receptions for 264 yards and two touchdowns. He's added six career playoff games and two Grey Cup games - winning with the Redblacks in 2016.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Alouettes Congratulate the Roughriders and the Tiger-Cats - Montreal Alouettes
- CFL Goes for Two: Grey Cup Is Awarded to Saskatchewan for 2020 and to Hamilton for 2021 - CFL
- Hamilton to Host 109th Grey Cup in 2021 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Riders Sign National Running Back Kienan Lafrance - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Eskimos Sign Calhoun - Edmonton Eskimos
- Lions Add Canadian Duo - B.C. Lions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatchewan Roughriders Stories
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Announce Cindy Fuchs as Executive Director of Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation
- Riders Add Gary Johnson Jr. to Practice Roster
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Announce 2020 Grey Cup Ticket Details
- Cece Jefferson Added to Practice Roster
- Three Join Practice Roster