Riders Sign Four Draft Picks, Add Juniors
e Saskatchewan Roughriders announced the signings of four of its selections in the 2019 CFL Draft:
Justin McInnis (WR - Arkansas State) - first round, 6th overall
Brayden Lenius (WR - New Mexico) - second round, 15th overall
Jacob Janke (LB - York) - fourth round, 35th overall
Christopher Judge (LB - California Polytechnic) - eighth round, 71st overall
McInnis (6'5 - 210lbs) spent three seasons with the Arkansas State University hauling in 115 catches for 1,577 yards and 10 majors. In the 2018 season he was second on the team with 56 receptions for 694 yards and six touchdowns.
e 23-year-old attended Lindsay Place High School in Pointe Claire, Quebec before going to junior college at Dodge City. In his freshman season he had 49 receptions for 964 yards and seven touchdowns.
McInnis was heavily recruited out of junior college with offers from Mississippi State, Nevada, South Alabama and Southern Mississippi before settling at Arkansas State.
Lenius (6'5 - 230lbs) graduated from the University of New Mexico after spending the previous three seasons at the University of Washington. Over four collegiate seasons the tight end recorded 581 career receiving yards and four touchdowns.
Janke (6'0 - 200lbs) finished his third year of eligibility with York starting all eight games at defensive back. Janke led the team in 2018 with 5.9 tackles per game and 47.5 total tackles. He also notched three knockdowns.
Judge (6'3 - 225lbs) played three seasons at California Polytechnic from 2011-2013, playing in 40 collegiate games at defensive line. He collected 55 defensive tackles, six-and-a-half tackles for a loss, four sacks and one fumble recovery. In 2012, he was given an All-Big Sky Honourable Mention on Special Teams. Prior to attending Cal-Poly Judge spent two seasons at Air Force playing in seven games.
e Saskatchewan Roughriders have also announced the addition of three territorial juniors to the training camp roster:
Logan Ferland (OL - Regina under)
Colton Holmes (DB - Saskatoon Hilltops)
Mason Ochs (OL - Saskatoon Hilltops)
USPORTS Quarterback Des Catellier (Manitoba) will also join the Roughriders at the 2019 Coors Light Training Camp as part of the CFL Canadian QB Internship Program.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Lions Land Long-Awaited O-Lineman Brett Boyko - B.C. Lions
- Riders Sign Four Draft Picks, Add Juniors - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Eskimos Sign Six from 2019 CFL Draft Class - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tiger-Cats Add Two International Players to Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Riders Ink Idowu, Wilson - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Dr. Frank Lodato Retires After Lengthy Association with Stampeders and CFL - Calgary Stampeders
- Peters Released - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Alouettes Sign Offensive Lineman Samuel Thomassin - Montreal Alouettes
- Alouettes Add Morris Lolar to Coaching Staff - Montreal Alouettes
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Add Two 2019 CFL Draft Selections - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Blue Bombers Add Nine to Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- CFL Canadian Quarterback Internship Program Participants Unveiled - CFL
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Launch New Jim Beam Social Pass - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- CFL Issues Statement on Collective Bargaining Agreement - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatchewan Roughriders Stories
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Announce Cindy Fuchs as Executive Director of Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation
- Riders Add Gary Johnson Jr. to Practice Roster
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Announce 2020 Grey Cup Ticket Details
- Cece Jefferson Added to Practice Roster
- Three Join Practice Roster