Riders Extend Offensive Lineman Terran Vaughn
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have announced American offensive lineman Terran Vaughn has signed a one-year contract extension.
Vaughn (6'3-305lbs) remains in the Green and White through 2021 after initially joining the Club in 2017. Vaughn spent much of the 2019 season protecting quarterback Cody Fajardo's blindside, making 15 starts at left tackle. The 26-year-old was part of an offensive line that allowed just 37 sacks while averaging 112.8 rushing yards per game for a total of 2,030 yards and a league-high 26 rushing touchdowns. Vaughn made his CFL debut on June 15, 2018 and has played in 22 career games. Prior to coming to the Riders, he spent time with the Indianapolis Colts, the Buffalo Bills and the Oakland Raiders.
The Texas native played four collegiate seasons at Stephen F. Austin State University (2012-15) and was part of an offence that averaged 427.9 yards and 28.7 points per game in his senior year and 460.8 yards per game in his junior year. Vaughn played in a total 46 games as Lumberjack, earning a starting position as freshman. In 2014 he was selected as an All-Southland Conference honourable mention.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 15, 2021
- Blue Bombers Add Three to Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Riders Ink Deal with Defensive Lineman Tim Williams - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- EE Football Team Extends the Contracts of Walton and Williams - EE Football Team
- R.J. Harris and Avery Ellis Return to RedBlacks - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Lions Lock up RB Jamel Lyles and LB Dyshawn Davis - B.C. Lions
- Riders Extend Offensive Lineman Terran Vaughn - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Offensive Lineman Ciraco - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Sign Linebacker Brad Cowan, Bring Back Three Others - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on One-Year Extension with Grey Cup MVP Andrew Harris - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.