Riders Announce Coaching Moves
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today that coaches Alex Smith, Mike Walker and Kris Sweet have not been retained by the Club.
Smith spent 16 seasons with the Riders, originally joining the team on a full time basis in 1997. The Regina resident also spent time with the Riders as a guest coach in 1995 and 1996 during training camp. Last season, Smith coached the linebackers and worked in an advisory capacity to Head Coach Corey Chamblin.
Walker worked two seasons with the Riders, coaching the Defensive Line. The Indiana native has also worked in Edmonton and Toronto after entering the CFL coaching ranks in 2008.
Sweet spent one season with the Riders as Offensive Line Coach. The veteran coach spent the previous five seasons with the Calgary Stampeders.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from December 5, 2012
- Official Ottawa CFL/NASL Name Our Teams Campaign Begins - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Stamps Sign 2012 Draft Pick Billy Peach - Calgary Stampeders
- Riders Announce Coaching Moves - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Blue Bombers Appoint Kyle Walters as Assistant General Manager and Director of Canadian Scouting - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.