RGV Set to Host Las Vegas Under the Lights
EDINBURG, Texas - Rio Grande Valley FC (1-3-2) will host the third and final match of the three-game home stand as they take on Las Vegas Lights FC (2-3-1) on Saturday, April 20.
Nothing matches the feeling of earning three points to climb the standings, even better, getting the win at home in front of the home crowd. RGV FC did just that as they defeated OKC Energy last Saturday, 2-1, to boost their confidence on the pitch heading into the third and final game of this home stand before they hit the road for a lengthy away schedule. Forwards, Michael Salazar and Jesus Enriquez scored a goal each in the match that gave the Toros their first win of the season.
The message to the team has been the same all season, create chances and finish them with quality. The attacking third was full of opportunities in the last match, something that the Toros hope to repeat against Las Vegas as they look to close out the home stand on a high note.
Isidro Martinez has seen plenty of action on the pitch for head coach Echeverry and offered his thoughts on the scouting report for Las Vegas Lights FC; "They are very dynamic. They like to press up high but, now we are just going to try to stay focused like I said, try to stay how we had been the past game on Saturday to try to get the momentum going." The momentum is key as the Toros are looking to continue their positive climb in the standings and they continue their mission to earn wins at home.
Gerson Echeverry went into an in-depth analysis of the three-game home stand as it closes out this Saturday for the Toros and what it takes to win against a dynamic Las Vegas side; "I think that for us it's that, they are very dangerous obviously. They just scored five goals against Tacoma at home so, they are a very dynamic team, a team that likes to play. They like to keep the ball around. They send numbers forward like [Irvin] Parra and company. They are also extremely dangerous on set pieces, they scored quite a few goals, so they have a lot of weapons. Obviously; their coach is an experienced coach with Eric Wynalda, a big international player so we are expecting a tough game"
RGV FC is clicking at the right time and the team chemistry is only getting stronger as they continue the early stages of the schedule. Las Vegas Lights FC has had a very rough time on the road, losing all three matches throughout the season, something that will definitely boost the confidence of the Toros on the pitch.
The Toros will host "Bark in the Park" where the first 500 fans will receive a pet bag holder sponsored by Bert Ogden Fiesta Dealerships. All dog ticket proceeds will be donated to The Laurie P. Andrews PAWS Center.
Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. CST and will be available on ESPN+. Updates on the match will be provided via Twitter at @RGVFC or by following #SomosToros. To see more matchday information, visit www.rgvfc.com .
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 19, 2019
- Reno 1868 FC Hosts Undefeated New Mexico United Saturday - Reno 1868 FC
- U.S. Soccer Announces Date & Time for Lights FC' U.S. Open Cup Home Game - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Swope Park Rangers - Birmingham Legion FC
- Phoenix Rising Looks to Maintain Unbeaten Home Record - Phoenix Rising FC
- Nashville SC Official Watch Party Set for Saturday Night at Von Elrod's - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts Indy Eleven in Union-Steel Double Header - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Phoenix Rising FC - April 20, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- RGV Set to Host Las Vegas Under the Lights - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Nashville SC Hoping to Keep Clean Sheet Streak Alive, Pick up Another Road Result - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC to Face Real Monarchs SLC on the Road - San Antonio FC
- Independence Sign U-20 U.S. National Team Forward - Charlotte Independence
- North Carolina FC Continues Southern Derby at Charlotte Independence this Saturday - North Carolina FC
- Chaplain Billy Cerveny Brings Calm, Comfort Amidst Chaos of Season - Nashville SC
- Real Monarchs SLC Hosts Texas Rival San Antonio FC Saturday at Zions Bank Stadium - Real Monarchs SLC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley FC Toros Stories
- Tickets Go on Sale November 22 for 2020 CONCACAF Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament
- H-E-B Park to Host Group B Play at 2020 CONCACAF Women's Olympic Qualifying
- RGV FC Conclude 2019 Season with 2-1 Win over Timbers 2
- RGV FC Hosts Timbers 2 for Last Game of the 2019 Season
- RGV FC Conclude 2019 Road Schedule with a 2-0 Win against OKC Energy