Reno 1868 FC Hosts Undefeated New Mexico United Saturday
RENO, Nev. - On Saturday, Reno 1868 FC (2-1-3) will host undefeated New Mexico United (3-0-4) at Greater Nevada Field. Kickoff is slated for 6:45 p.m.
Reno is coming off of a crucial 0-2 road win against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC. The two goals were scored by midfielder Seth Casiple in the 64th minute and forward Brian Brown in stoppage time.
Casiple's goal was his second of the season while Brown's was his fifth.
"I'm able to score because I make good runs and my teammates play me good balls, all they need for me to do is finish my chances. It comes from my teammates, everybody really," Brian Brown said Thursday. "It's just my job, go out and score every game, so that's what I'm trying to do."
New Mexico United is coming off of a 5-1 win at home against Real Monarchs SLC. The club has gone seven games without a loss in its inaugural USL Championship season.
"We're not really focusing too much on them, really trying to stick together. I think the Colorado result was really good for our confidence," Seth Casiple said Thursday. "We know that it's hard to play here so we're looking forward to holding down our house and doing what we need to do."
Playing for New Mexico United this season is former Reno 1868 FC midfielder and 2017 USL Rookie of the Year, Chris Wehan. The midfielder had eight goals and twelve assists in his 29 appearances during the 2017 season and currently has one goal for New Mexico United which he scored in the club's 5-1 victory over Real Monarchs SLC. During that match, Wehan also assisted on two other goals.
"Chris was very good for us here in Reno and then was called up to the Earthquakes the next year," Head Coach Ian Russell said Friday. "I have a lot of respect for him, he's a good player, a hard worker and we're going to have to make sure we limit his touches."
Saturday's match will be aired on Nevada Sports Network and can streamed on ESPN+. Prior to the match, there will be an Easter egg hunt around the stadium when gates open at 5:45 p.m. For tickets, visit Reno1868FC.com or the Greater Nevada Field ticket office.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 19, 2019
- Reno 1868 FC Hosts Undefeated New Mexico United Saturday - Reno 1868 FC
- U.S. Soccer Announces Date & Time for Lights FC' U.S. Open Cup Home Game - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Swope Park Rangers - Birmingham Legion FC
- Phoenix Rising Looks to Maintain Unbeaten Home Record - Phoenix Rising FC
- Nashville SC Official Watch Party Set for Saturday Night at Von Elrod's - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts Indy Eleven in Union-Steel Double Header - Philadelphia Union II
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Phoenix Rising FC - April 20, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- RGV Set to Host Las Vegas Under the Lights - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Nashville SC Hoping to Keep Clean Sheet Streak Alive, Pick up Another Road Result - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC to Face Real Monarchs SLC on the Road - San Antonio FC
- Independence Sign U-20 U.S. National Team Forward - Charlotte Independence
- North Carolina FC Continues Southern Derby at Charlotte Independence this Saturday - North Carolina FC
- Chaplain Billy Cerveny Brings Calm, Comfort Amidst Chaos of Season - Nashville SC
- Real Monarchs SLC Hosts Texas Rival San Antonio FC Saturday at Zions Bank Stadium - Real Monarchs SLC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.