Revolution Legend Shalrie Joseph Named Head Coach of Grenada National Team
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Shalrie Joseph has joined a long list of former New England Revolution players to enter the coaching ranks as the 2009 MLS MVP finalist has been named the head coach of the Grenada National Team, according to Joseph's own Instagram account.
Joseph made more than 20 appearances for the Spice Boys as a player and was twice named the Grenada Footballer of the Year (2003, 2008), while he took home Caribbean Player of the Year honors in 2007, the same year he helped guide the Revs to a third straight MLS Cup final.
New England's all-time leader in games played (261), games started (254) and minutes played (22,867), Joseph was a force in the Revolution's midfield from 2003 to 2012, while he also made 22 combined appearances for Chivas USA and Seattle Sounders FC before returning to the Revs for a brief spell in 2014.
Joseph, now 39, joins the likes of former Revolution teammates Jay Heaps, Matt Reis, Steve Ralston, Pat Noonan, Carlos Llamosa, and Khano Smith as players-turned-coaches.
Still local since finishing his MLS career with the Revs in 2014, Joseph serves as analyst on the Revolution's pregame, halftime and postgame shows on 98.5 The Sports Hub.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 13, 2018
- Game Notes: Houston Dynamo at D.C. United - Houston Dynamo
- 2018 SuperDraft Pick Cory Brown Signs with USL Affiliate Fresno FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Announces Southern California Toyota Dealers as a Founding Golden Boot Club Member - Los Angeles FC
- Revolution Legend Shalrie Joseph Named Head Coach of Grenada National Team - New England Revolution
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Diego Rossi Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Diego Rossi Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact U17 to Take Part in 2018 Generation adidas Cup in Texas - Montreal Impact
- Philadelphia Union to Partner with Marsh Creek 6th Grade Center in "Agent of Change" Program - Philadelphia Union
- MLS and Liga MX Fuel Rivalry with New Partnership - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution and Nashville SC Play to 1-1 Draw
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Nashville SC
- Cristian Penilla Undergoes Surgery to Repair Left Foot Fracture
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia Union, 2-1
- Game Preview: Philadelphia Union at New England Revolution