Republic FC Unveil Winning Fan Design for New Glory Craft Brewery Collaboration
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Republic FC unveiled today the winning fan design that will be featured on a specially co-branded can of New Glory Craft Brewery's Ubahdank IPA. Designed by Republic FC fan Geoff Ernst, the new Ubahdank can will be sold at both New Glory Craft Brewery locations beginning this Saturday, March 16, as well as all upcoming Republic FC home matches this season.
"It's amazing to see how creative and talented our fans are," said Republic FC VP of Marketing Allison Yee-Garcia. "Geoff's design is a fresh interpretation of our brand that brings the fan perspective to life and we're excited to debut the cans with our fans and have them be a part of the game-day experience."
"We couldn't be happier to release our beloved Ubahdank IPA with the new co-branded label, designed by Geoff Ernst, in collaboration with Republic FC," said Kyle Leddy, New Glory Head Brewer. "We can't wait to crack open a can or two and enjoy a match! This has been a long time in the works and everyone at New Glory is thrilled to see it come to fruition. We hope all the fans enjoy this season, the new label, and the beer. Cheers!"
Ernst's can design features a California grizzly bear, taken from both the state flag and Republic FC crest, gnawing on a soccer ball while a quail sits perched on its arm. The quail, which is the official state bird, started out as an April Fools joke in 2016 and has since became a fan-favorite symbol of the club.
The co-branded Ubahdank can design is the latest collaboration between Republic FC and its fans. The club, whose fans helped select its name, crest and colors ahead of the inaugural season in 2014, has previously worked alongside local artists and fans to design various merchandise items.
Republic FC recently kicked off their 2019 season and travel this weekend to take on Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC this Saturday, March 16. The club will host an official watch party for the match at New Glory Eatery & Taproom in Granite Bay where fans can enjoy drink specials and try the new co-branded Ubahdank IPA for the first time. The watch party will start at 4 p.m. with the game kicking off at 5 p.m. More details are available at SacRepublicFC.com/matchday-guide.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 14, 2019
- Rio Grande Valley FC Signs Forward Michael Salazar - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Phoenix Rising FC Acquires Four Players on Loan from LAFC - Phoenix Rising FC
- Legion FC Adds Herivaux, Wright from New England Revs - Birmingham Legion FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs. Louisville City FC - Atlanta United 2
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Birmingham Legion FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Las Vegas Lights FC Match Preview at OKC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC Unveil Winning Fan Design for New Glory Craft Brewery Collaboration - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: Austin Bold FC Continues Road Trip with Match in Reno on Saturday - Austin Bold FC
- Continental Tire Continues Partnership with North Carolina Football in 2019 - North Carolina FC
- Four Memphis 901 FC Players Earn International Call-Ups - Memphis 901 FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC at Tampa Bay Rowdies - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Canadian GK Callum Irving Back with Fury FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- USL Unveils New Vision for Academy Landscape - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Republic FC fall in their first visit to Southwest University Park
- Republic FC Advance to Third Round of the 2019 U.S. Open Cup with 1-0 Win over Reno 1868 FC
- Mitchell Taintor's first-half wonder goal upended by Reno's comeback
- Republic FC End Fresno FC's Undefeated Start to the Season with 1-0 Road Win
- Papa Murphy's Park Will Host 'Mexican Soccer Legends' Game on June 2 Between Chivas and Club America